GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: '88 735i E32 - passenger door lock

Default '88 735i E32 - passenger door lock

My front passenger door does not lock, either by key or knob.

I tried to re-synchronize. I don't know what that should have done, but it made no difference.

I removed the door panel. I don't see any obvious problems.

The symptom is that the door knob twitches when I attempt to lock or unlock from the drive side lock, but it seems to be blocked from moving downwards, either electrically or manually.

Is there a detailed process I should use to diagnose the lock actuator solenoid?

Other suggestions?

Thanks,
    - CarlD trimagna@yahoo.com

Try removing the central locking fuse ( below rear seat ), then manually push down the door knob i reinsert fuse and locks should be re-syncronised. This method works for me, I have the same problem every 6 months or so, and I have not been able to resyncronise in the "usual" manner - fuse method is faster and less anoying IMHO.
    I'd be curious to know exactly why this problem occurs.
    Stacy Au
    535i 5 speed '88
    Track pack = camber plates/king springs/m5 Nurb' sways/17"bbs 3pcRS e34 spec/chip.

Default Still can't lock the passenger side.

I pulled Fuse #30 and #31. When I re-insert #30, I hear a relay click. Nothing happens of note when I re-insert #31.

The knob would not depress.

I might need detailed info on analyzing the door lock actuator. There appear to be specific circuits for normal locking and double-locking (deadbolting). Conceivably, I could apply 12V to a specific pin, thereby engaging or disengaging a circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy (Sydney)
    Try removing the central locking fuse ( below rear seat ), then manually push down the door knob i reinsert fuse and locks should be re-syncronised. This method works for me, I have the same problem every 6 months or so, and I have not been able to resyncronise in the "usual" manner - fuse method is faster and less anoying IMHO.
    I'd be curious to know exactly why this problem occurs.

Default this might help

give you another idea. what your describing is almost exactly what happens if you try to lock the doors with a door open, maybe there is some switch deal not working neer the door latch mechanism.

I have no clue actually but that kinda is what your describing, another angle to look at?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy