GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: wire terminal extractor tool self-made

Default wire terminal extractor tool self-made

Have to add some info: the antenna rod must be exactly the inner dimension to slip over the circular connector to press the catch hooks together to make it possible to push the connector out of the plug.
    Here is a pic of the connectors where you can see the hooks, don't know how to explain that in English that good, but you can see the hooks
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...96&hg=61&fg=15
    Last edited by shogun; 06-25-2006 at 06:05 PM.

Erich,

I like your solution very much -- I'll have to try it out! I use the factory connector kit frequently these days; I'm not sure how a single tool could replace all of the specific ones, though.

best, whit

The antenna has different diameters over the whole lengths. So just cust a spare or damaged antenna into pieces to fit the various hole diameters of the various plugs to have similar dimensions as the pro tool set has with the bits.

I bought this terminal tool for GM, # 14900, but that is not so good. For the pro it must be a special tool for AMP plugs.
    http://www.lislecorp.com/tool_detail.cfm?detail=96

Erich weather you figure this stuff yourself or not...you are simply a genious, I wish I could catagorize and save all the things you have let us see over the years

I thank you!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I tried to see if also a cheap tool works for that like the original extractor for the BMW, which costs more than 50 $ as a set with various diameters.

At my favorite tool store in Yokohama I found this Lisle extractor tool for GM and could not resist to buy it just to test if it works and I found out it does not work, as the tool is too short to get into the plugs completely and push the wires out including the hooks. Waste of money, but now I know for sure
    http://www.lislecorp.com/tool_detail.cfm?detail=96

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    You had that some time ago I think, but its got nicer pics now?

Thing is, where does one buy the crimps inside the connectors?

It's all very well going to BMW to get a new connector, but the terminals are always missing- which is a real shitter. Why be so miserable? Here in Oz BMW don't sell the terminals, or don't know how to access them as a part number- one or the other... anyone?

Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

The dealer has them and if he does not have them he can order from Germany, even the wire plugs. I waited for example 1 week for a plug for the connection to the MAF to be coming from Germany to Japan, but in the end no problem.
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...84&hg=61&fg=15
    I am leaving today for Germany for business for 4 days. If you tell me what you need, I will order them for you. Maybe I can get them delivered before I leave to Japan again. There is only a small dealer in my moms hometown and he has to order from the center distribution warehouse in hannover for that area, which is about 170 km way from the dealer.
    But then tell me qty and part numbers by return.