Hi ‘ya folks,

Monday I’m going to the DMV and transferring the tag from my little E21 to my E34. The E34 was only driven by myself for a short while prior to replacing the engine.

The fuel economy on the old M50 engine was significantly low. The engine only ran on four or five cylinders.. really hard to tell. There was serious mechanical damage to the old M50, I haven’t done an autopsy yet, however I’m pretty sure there was a hole on the #2 piston.

Anyway I’ll be sorting the car out this week and I was curious as to the expected MPG the car should deliver. I can’t say I have any faith in the OBC or the silly meter in the tach.

The car obviously has the M50 engine. Its also fitted with a five speed stick. The car appears to run very well. I also don’t expect to be using the air this week. What should I expect?

BTW, I used to be a chassis dyno driver many years ago, I’m very familiar with the method used to calculate EPA mileage and the majority of “runs” yielded figures better than other dyno drivers.. just bragging..