GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Eibach springs

Default WTB Eibach springs

Just wondering if anyone has a set of Eibachs they may want to sell. I'm currently using BAV springs, with Bils, and sits too low in rear. Also suggestions on any other springs would be great. Thanks Derek.

i dont remember the rear being too low but looking back the rear camber was way off. Either the Eibachs or H&R are good springs in your car, find out the part number, google it and get the best price, then call www.bmaparts.co they will match the price and anything over 50 bux is free shipping.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thanks Jeff, You and I spoke about the Bav's making the rear camber out of wack. You switched to Eibachs didn't you?

I have Eibach and I don't have any abnormal tire wear... all equal across the tread regardless of tire sizes.

Default Speaking of Eibach springs....

Would they cause the car to bottom out if installed without low profile tires (stock tires are on car)?

I had to remove the factory bumpstops from the car in the rear. Im running bav springs. Need to get rid of them, tearing up rear tires. Running a low profile tire will not make you bottom out. However the size of the tire will create a problem of rubbing the fender well. My problem is my rear camber.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixdacat
    I had to remove the factory bumpstops from the car in the rear. Im running bav springs. Need to get rid of them, tearing up rear tires. Running a low profile tire will not make you bottom out. However the size of the tire will create a problem of rubbing the fender well. My problem is my rear camber.
    Before purchasing rims/tires, I want to replace some suspension components and was wondering if the car would bottom out with the stock tires if Eibach springs are installed? The aftermarket rims are 17 x 8, and the tires are 235/45/17.

Are you saying I have to remove the factory bumpstops? If so, how?

Thanks for the replies.

The factory bumpstops are on the rear suspension only. They are not hard to notice. Kinda look like the staypuff marshmellow man. Just pull them off.
    What type of struts and shocks are you going to use? I had to remove the factory stops, cause the Bilstein sports have a bumpstop built into them. I have 18" AC type II's with 235/40/18. no problems with the bottom out. Using the stock rims and tires? you won't have a problem
    Last edited by Felixdacat; 04-08-2006 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixdacat
    The factory bumpstops are on the rear suspension only. They are not hard to notice. Kinda look like the staypuff marshmellow man. Just pull them off.
    What type of struts and shocks are you going to use? I had to remove the factory stops, cause the Bilstein sports have a bumpstop built into them. I have 18" AC type II's with 235/40/18. no problems with the bottom out. Using the stock rims and tires? you won't have a problem
    Bilstein Touring. Do they have the built-in bumpstop as well?

Not to sure on the touring, but I do believe all Bil's have built in bumpstops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast