GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Ot: Having problems with engine:

Default Ot: Having problems with engine:

Well, if you remember my thread about myself making a junkyard bike to compete in a competition, (here's the thread http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=20355) I was putting the 3.5 hp together together, but it wouldn't start. I fixed tons of little things and the thing would crank and then shortly stall. While my friend took out the 20hp one today to start rebuilding it, I decided to take apart the 3.5hp one to see what was wrong with it. I think I found the problem...
    I think Elmer's glue should fix it up nicely.

haha, right...what can't elmers glue fix???

duct tape!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Default JB Weld

A couple of pins and lots of JB Weld, that should do it. Then keep the revs under ten rpm. HaHa.

I was thinking of upgrading to glue lol.

the 3.5 hps bust cranks commonly, the 3.0 hp is a better choice as the stroke is less and you can rev it as fast as it will go. I later found you can upgrade to a 5.0hp and reduce the gearing and go as fast but get there a lot sooner
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Well... it seems we have yet another underpowered engine over here... ALright. This is what you immediately need to do - Add MAF, Air Pressure, Oil Pressure, Air Temp, Oil Temp, and crank position sensors, Megasquirt, add fuel injection and go for the electrically controlled 20lb fuel injectors, and definitely add a blower to that thing - set a small diameter pulley up for ~20PSI... I guarantee you should be able to put at least 50HP from that thing... Try it on the 530 - see if that would run off the 50HP - that would be a fly ride yo!

-Artem

dont forget a carbon fiber widebody and mystery rods

oh and a tractor beam. cause i mean seriously. maybe some regular lasers to. but you dont mess with a tractor beam

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Hypahstrength!!!!!!

-Artem

I once ran the 5hp briggs on my leaf blower out of oil. It had done about 20 years of hard service at that point. Broke it free and ran it for another few years with the same engine. Must've been a nikasil (hah) -- it practically fixed itself after that incident. It started running so hot that the muffler would go red. Replaced it with a honda OHC about two years ago -- much better motor, if only I used the thing...has less than 5 hours on it to date.

You should get an old school tecumseh or kohler. I have a vintage Toro garden tractor with a questionably rated 6hp tec. You drop the clutch in 1st and the thing will break the axle in two. It's a monster for how small it is. Pop wheelies on it and everything.

Back in my college art days, I took a plasma cutter to a B&S aluminum 3.5. How I acquired the thing is a story in and of itself -- pulled it out of the back seat of an E28, which was on the bottom of a pile of junked cars. Needless to say, the uppity ones were confused as to what I was doing with a nasty old lawnmower.

Those're all the disjointed ideas I can come up with at the moment

best, whit