GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BavAuto Subwoofer Kit

Default BavAuto Subwoofer Kit

Anyone have any experience with this BavAuto kit? it's part no. INF SWK, called 'Bavarian Autosport / Infinity Basslink "Plug 'n' Play" Subwoofer Kit' and they want $399.95 for it. I don't know much about the stock audio setup in the E34, i just want some more volume (although I'd rather have a more crisp sound at high volume than just outright dBs) and a bit more bass, without spending a grand and filling up my trunk. Is that even doable?

for some more volume you need to replace the factory amp, and you could upgrade the speakers... mb quarts are high end, apparently worth every penny. for a bit more bass, you could get a 10" subwoofer... shameless plug but i have a couple of spare subs, but they're a lot more bass, as opposed to a bit... bruno's site has info on what needs to be done for stereo

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Traian
    Anyone have any experience with this BavAuto kit? it's part no. INF SWK, called 'Bavarian Autosport / Infinity Basslink "Plug 'n' Play" Subwoofer Kit' and they want $399.95 for it. I don't know much about the stock audio setup in the E34, i just want some more volume (although I'd rather have a more crisp sound at high volume than just outright dBs) and a bit more bass, without spending a grand and filling up my trunk. Is that even doable?
    It's awaste of money. For that much money, you can actually re-do your entire sound syetm with 1 sub in your trunk. Bav-Auto is just a magazine that preys on people who are willing to pay ridiculous prices for (usually) dumb items. (At least in my opinion lol). Basically it's a site for people who have too much money lol.

Default I got a basslink 2 years ago from ebay for $150...

(not the BAV auto one which I think basically includes a BMW wiring harness or something...)

knocked out the ski pass through, cut a hole in the carpeted trunk trim, strapped that bubba in nicely and it sounds nice....

also nix'd the factory amp, JVC head unit, nothing special there, and some infinity kappa components for the front...

much nicer, but not audiophile quality, but i'm no audiophile... but a nice setup, fairly simple, inexpensive.... good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Traian
    1993 / 525ia / M50TU / EAT / Sachs / Infiniti Kappa & Basslink / super clean / Style 5s wearing Pilots / Mobil 1 everywhere / long road ahead

I have the same unit bought from eBay. Save yourself the money and get it at half price on eBay and wire it up yourself. It's not as bad as some say

Next time please SEARCH (re: infinity basslink)

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19478

For how to wire, I posted a VERY comprensive thread a while back. You'll find it.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

I recommend you upgrade just your head unit at first. You can get a CD/MP3/WMA player for $100 - $150.

I think that's all you need.
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

i installed a basslink for a customer in a 98 323ic and imho it's a lump of overpriced ****, glad i had the oportunity to play with one because i was thinking about getting one, by time you turn it up the the point that it's doing some good inside the car (not talking about boom) it's wheezing and distorting bad. a nice 8" bazooka would whip it's ass and take up less space
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Any 'ported' subwoofer... the one with a hole on the side or something... will sound wheezing... because it is badly designed. Always go for sealed subwoofer box...

Bandpass sub is for those who only wants thumps... bad for audiophile system.

$400 for a subbox is way too expensive and from the sound you said... it is badly designed.

Thanks for the replies yall.

angrypancake: I checked Bruno's site, and for what I'm looking for he recommends changing the speakers, which elsewhere I read is the only part of the whole system worth keeping. Which confused me. A lot.

E34 530: Agree with ya on BavAuto, but this actually seemed like a pretty good deal no? Any decent amp would be ~$200, and a sub more than that i figure, and I'd still have to figure out the wiring.

Qube: Thanks for the suggestions. I guess more specifically the reason I asked is because I didn't know if this just gives you more bass, or is an all in one solution like BavAuto claims.

Evan: What would the headunit accomplish? How does it affect sound quality?

You folks gotta excuse the silly questions, I did searches, looked up e34.net and some other online stuff, but I am starting from scratch!

i don't remember the basslink being ported, one driver and one passive, i suspect the built in shitty amp was crapping out at higher power levels, i don't do boom (any more, grew outta that **** in jr high, i remember when rap was fun) i prefer rock & roll and oldies

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Any 'ported' subwoofer... the one with a hole on the side or something... will sound wheezing... because it is badly designed. Always go for sealed subwoofer box...

Bandpass sub is for those who only wants thumps... bad for audiophile system.

$400 for a subbox is way too expensive and from the sound you said... it is badly designed.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast