GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sagging headliner tips?

Default Sagging headliner tips?

95 525i, 140k.
    Headliner is starting to sag, about 1 sq ft on the drivers side all the way to the rear, near the rear glass. I notice it blowing around a bit with the windows down. I'd like to take care fo this before it gets worse.
    Thanks for the help.

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/143565/

http://www.wlsheadliners.com/tutorials/bmw/

Some people have also had some success with lifting the back enar the glass and spraying some adhesive in.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

I think you'll have limited success regluing a sagging headliner. The adhesive separates and turns to dust between the backing board and the material, making it a difficult proposition.

My long term solution: bought a complete headliner from a '95 525 parts car. Removed from the parts car and installed it in my car myself (it'd be hard to ship a headliner with backing board), looks great, and should be fine for another five years or so.

One thing that was suggested to me back when I was considering possible solutions was to use those chevy-esque fabric "buttons"....make that ride look more luxurious in a cadillac sort of way...oh yeah. Pins would also do the trick.

best, whit

same thing happened to me this summer just gone... it went from a tiny patch of sag in the right-rear corner to basically half the fricken roof hanging down! i didn't wanna let it go all the way, i've been in an E36 where it sat on ours heads and was like a tent...

soo... without $1000 to spend getting it redone and without the skills to reapply a new one myself, i bought a can of craft glue spray, ripped the nozzle off and stuck the nozzle from a can of WD-40, then poked holes in the headliner (5, across the back where the concave is) and stuck the little nozzle hose in there and filled it with glue

the adhesive that's in there is all flaky and makes it a pain in the ass to stick up, but it's been 3 months and it's still ok... it's a bit messy looking, but it's in the concave you don't really see it... better than having a tent!

Default Need to do the job in mine, but like it properly done. ...

My question would be:

Were do I can get in USA the foamy backed fabric and the not foamy backed same fabric, as for the front/rear pillar, I need same fabric without foamy cushion.

Javier

You might be able to shop around at fabric shops to see if they can match the color. Otherwise, you might try using the foam backed stuff, theres a small chance it might fit.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Default You can dooooo itttt!

Headliner fabric is inexpensive per yard at wholesale fabric suppliers. Many,many colors to choose from.
    In all reality.....fix it once right to last another 13 years.Pull the roof card and strip it clean.Recover it with the aftermarket cloth/foam material and be done with it.
    Or........whine as you right the check to your choice of automotive upholstery shop for 250-450.00$ instead of 45.00$ anda can of Super 77 spray glue !
    Cheers,Vincent
    AC Schnitzer | S-5 | Stainless exhaust | Bodykit | wing| 3pc. wheels | badges | springs | mirrors | steerwheel |
    Schwarz on Blk

how come there isnt any headliner material for the e 34???.I need to do mine soon
    Gone but not forgotten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast