GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel line to fuel rail, pipe bursts

Quote Originally Posted by Mozarts_Ghost
    Hi Guys

I have a '92 535i, in the engine compartment, on the rear left side (from inside). where the intake manifold is. my fuel line is connected from the tank to the fuel rail, with a small piece of rubber tubing.

I have replaced this piping 3 times allready, its always bloated and looking like its going to pop any second. and it has popped, twice allready...

there is obviously too much fuel pressure. or no pressure is getting released. its bloated even when the car is turned off.

Anyone have any ideas ?

thanks, MG.
    Are you replacing it with fuel line purchased from an auto parts store, or the correct part number from BMW? Aftermarket fuel line can be used, but it MUST be Fuel Injection rated line, not standard fuel line for carbureted cars. Normal fuel line is built to withstand 3-10 PSI, Fuel injection line around 60 PSI. Using normal fuel line on fuel injection systems is a sure route to failed lines.
    David Shealey
    San Diego, CA
    '94 525i
    '01 740iL

Default Fuel line specs

Ask the parts dude to check the hose roll to make sure it's high pressure spec fuel line. I got some line from NAPA rated at 150lb psi. 8 bux a foot.
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Quote Originally Posted by David Shealey
    Are you replacing it with fuel line purchased from an auto parts store, or the correct part number from BMW? Aftermarket fuel line can be used, but it MUST be Fuel Injection rated line, not standard fuel line for carbureted cars. Normal fuel line is built to withstand 3-10 PSI, Fuel injection line around 60 PSI. Using normal fuel line on fuel injection systems is a sure route to failed lines.
    I replaced it with BMW hose. with a bmw part number. I will post the part number tommorow if u want it. its extremely expensive here. its R 160 per meter. thats about $26 per meter.

I'm pretty possitive its the right hose. since the problem is gone.

Thanks for the input guys, seriously.

Adio, MG.

I emailed Yves and BMA has a kit for less than $10 to replace your fuel lines. Mine is on the way!!
    91 535iA M30 Auto
    Born in 3/91 (The Bimmer, not me )

120,000 Miles
    Pics soon--she is a work in progress

Yeah well I'm in south africa. here they rape you for anything. so ya.
    but hey, whats $26 dollars ? for your life hey.

would rather pay more, than have my car blow up on me. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by athflying79
    I emailed Yves and BMA has a kit for less than $10 to replace your fuel lines. Mine is on the way!!

Mozarts_Ghost,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the car. Don't drive it into a lake, she's a beautifull car, who will serve you very well once she's better.

Hope you get the problem fixed bru. My car should be sorted this weeked, I hope!

Edit: He's right guys, here in South Africa they rape us for everything, mostly on car parts, big time! As I'm not starting to find out. Already spent R800 on my car this month. That is for oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, 5 liters of oil and half a tank of fuel. Then an extra 500 bucks for a new pump. Which is actually a damn good price for the pump... Merlyn BMW want R3500 for a pump!
    Last edited by Rob; 04-13-2006 at 06:28 AM.
    Car: BMW 525iA.
    Engine: M20.
    Trans: Auto.
    Year: 1990.

Default I've posted it here before but its 8mm high pressure

fuel line and you can get a very good quality 8mm from mercedes or from Patrick at BMA for less than half of what the bmw line costs. Patrick sells mainly the mercedes line as a replacement. The line that some of you are using from autozone/checkers etc is 5/16. 5/16 is a slightly smaller diameter hose. I only use 8mm on cars that i work on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozarts_Ghost
    I replaced it with BMW hose. with a bmw part number. I will post the part number tommorow if u want it. its extremely expensive here. its R 160 per meter. thats about $26 per meter.

I'm pretty possitive its the right hose. since the problem is gone.

Thanks for the input guys, seriously.

Adio, MG.

hehe, yeah. I'm tempted from time to time. I have a love hate relationship with my car. lol.

Please let me know if the pump sorts out your car. would like to get yours sorted aswell. E34's rock bro.

My engine is gonna need replacing soon tho, almost 300K on the clock. wanna get a M5 engine, or the one from the 850i. if it will fit. wanna get summin MEAN. mwaeahea.

neways, over 'n out.
    MG

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Mozarts_Ghost,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the car. Don't drive it into a lake, she's a beautifull car, who will serve you very well once she's better.

Hope you get the problem fixed bru. My car should be sorted this weeked, I hope!

Edit: He's right guys, here in South Africa they rape us for everything, mostly on car parts, big time! As I'm not starting to find out. Already spent R800 on my car this month. That is for oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, 5 liters of oil and half a tank of fuel. Then an extra 500 bucks for a new pump. Which is actually a damn good price for the pump... Merlyn BMW want R3500 for a pump!

Howzit bru,

My E34 is up an running again. It was the pump. Fitted the pump at 10:30pm last night took her for a quick drive. All the power is ther, she even starts on the first turn of key now!
    Car: BMW 525iA.
    Engine: M20.
    Trans: Auto.
    Year: 1990.

WIKKID BRU !!! MWeaHea, love it when stuff just works.

Awesome. hehe, your just like me. always fiddling on my car till the late hours of the morning !. lol

and the chicks dig these cars aswell !, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Howzit bru,

My E34 is up an running again. It was the pump. Fitted the pump at 10:30pm last night took her for a quick drive. All the power is ther, she even starts on the first turn of key now!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast