GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel line to fuel rail, pipe bursts

Quote Originally Posted by BillionPa
    crap in the fuel lines after the hose?

run some techron fuel system cleaner in every tank for the next month or so.
    It seems silly to the uninitiated (they say; "It's only a damned fuel hose!") but part of the secret to not having your e34 go up in flames one day is using all OE parts (with very careful installation) in this particular area. Migth as well do the other flexible hoses along the rest of the way to the tank also; 20 odd BMW clamps and a couple of metres of (the right) hose seems like good insurance to me... Please be sure to post some pics so we can all see how you went and learn from your experience... Nick

Oh yea, and clean your engine bay up a tad bro!

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    Do yourself a favor - find a shop or go buy a fuel pressure gauge and a T fitting from homedepot. Put the T in there so you can see what your fuel pressure is. I bet you're using the fuel lines for carburated cars (15 psi) and not fuel injected cars (45+ psi). I had the same thing happen, and yes, the guy at the store said it was the right hose. Simply take off the fuel line at the front of the injector rail, put the T fitting in with the fuel gauge attached, and connect a new piece of fuel line to where every you unhooked. Idle the car, read the gauge. Get back to us. PS if your fuel pressure were too high the car would run like **** - it would run too rich.

Make sure when you buy the hose it says "for fuel injected cars"
    Well I am thankful that I had read this far... I bought a line a while ago and installed it past the fuel pressure regulator. It did not burst and is quite fine now but I'll keep this information in mind...

deleted air conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by Rustam
    Well I am thankful that I had read this far... I bought a line a while ago and installed it past the fuel pressure regulator. It did not burst and is quite fine now but I'll keep this information in mind...
    Same here.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

The OEM clamps for that particular application will be the "one time use" type, if I recall correctly. You could try finding a part number for a generic BMW clamp, or use the one time use ones if you're sure that the replacement fuel hose is the correct line (or if you have the socket to reuse the one time use clamps).

There's a reason why the replacement parts for that section are sold as a kit, at $20 or whatever it is. The dealer or BMA would be where I'd get it.

By the way, somebody's rewrapped the car's engine bay harness -- why?

best, whit
    Last edited by Kalevera; 04-02-2006 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell
    The OEM clamps for that particular application will be the "one time use" type, if I recall correctly. You could try finding a part number for a generic BMW clamp, or use the one time use ones if you're sure that the replacement fuel hose is the correct line (or if you have the socket to reuse the one time use clamps).

There's a reason why the replacement parts for that section are sold as a kit, at $20 or whatever it is. The dealer or BMA would be where I'd get it.

best, whit
    I mentioned this earlier - I want to stress this again - regular small clamps are good too so long as one wraps rubber sheet under the clamp. This increases the diameter minimizing the effect of bad compression at the edges of clamp base.

deleted air conditioning

I lost my e30 to use of improper fuel line before I learned the difference the hard way. My ex-FIL replaced a leaking section of fuel line..."fuel line is fuel line..." it worked fine for about a month. Then one day it didn't, poof! Not a pretty sight watching your car burn.

Don't take chances with this stuff, it doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell

best, whit
    I had a starting problem a while ago, and I had it towed. before I struggled 2 weeks with it. It was a pick up sensor, or rather, crank sensor or something. neways, before they found that out, the replaced my coil. and the coil the put in was damaged. so it burnt out all the wires, everything went up in smoke. *that was quite a sight*. so the shop got some auto-electrician to come fix it up. but he rewired my ignition wrong. so now i'm stuck with ignition(off,on,start). no more listening to the radio without everything else in the car turning on.

Thanks Guys for all the Info and posts !! I will get the hose justnow. just need to have some breakfast first. and then when I'm done installing. I will post the part number maybe. and a picture.

Maybe later someone can help me fix my ignition and wiring harness ?
    otherwise, I have quite abit of pdf's on the wiring diagram. will try figure it out. and will post again.

Thanks Guys
    MG.

PS: I know its dirty *lowers head in shame*. busy restoring this little puppy. was pretty wasted when I got it. so its kinda a project. will be seeing ALLOT of me on this forum ....... *silence* *echo... echo ...... echo....* {watches everyone run away}

Ok, I went to get some BMW hose, and fitted it to my car. The BMW hose is much tougher than the dodgy store baught hose. I also noticed tho, that when I removed the fuel pump fueses, and started the car. that the pressure went away on the pipe. now when I reffited the new pipe. the pressure does not return.

Is my car BMW Biased or something...

neways, I think there was maybe just pressure buildup there, I don't know why. I've never removed the fuses and cranked it, when I replaced this pipe. so maybe that did the trick.

hope someone else has learnt something from this aswell..

NEVER USE ANTI-BMW HOSE !!!, your car might just blow up.
    no kidding.

Over and Out
    MG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast