GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Angry Pancake and MattyB Happy Birthday and Happy April Fools Day

Default Angry Pancake and MattyB Happy Birthday and Happy April Fools Day

How does it feel to be born on April Fools Day?
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

HB dudes!
    Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    HB dudes!
    They're still celebrating Gayle, but in typical April Fool's Day spirit they are probably plastered or have forgotten the whole thing (or both)...

Oh, btw Great Cousins- here's a laugh for you, almost an April fool.

We've got a new ad campaign destined for boob-toobs all over the world, designed to convince people its worth coming over to Oz for a holiday. It's a kinda fun ad, warm and furry using all the national icons, but it is a fairly wet (given what we've all been up to the last few years), and thankfully it was taken off (parodied).

I thought I'd drop you a few links so you could have a laugh.

I suggest you watch the real one first, but the government paid the ad company so much money they started drinking the moment the ad was out of editing and their web-guy was clearly already drunk so it's quicktime link can be a bit dodgy (the pollies don't know how to use computers to do anything other than watch p0rn anywhow, so they won't find out...).

Anyway, it's novel because (as we all know) this is the first ad agency to do a great job by offending people, so much so the British banned it, which caused a real rucous. Of course it worked out to be a real (deliberate?) PR coup after hitting the headlines everywhere and our tourism minister hadn't been over to tug forelocks at the Palace for at least a year. So off he went and showed it to the British cabinet in person and they all agreed over cigars adn scotch that a lonesome babe wondering where the bloody hell we all are (as she bounces out of the water on a deserted beach in her bikini) was, in fact, the complete opposite to what their Office of Classifications had said.

Most of them then went on to ask if she'd still be on the beach when they got here...

So, check the real ad out here, and then check out any one of the satirical new, improved versions here. The 'original' satirical version was removed by the authorities (the Australian Tourism Commission's lawyers slammed a suit on them a few days ago, alleging copyright infringement (yes, it's that good) and knowing the pollies they are likley to come back and do it again any moment)... (the original song was exactly that- orginal so they actually re-wrote the theme in a few ways to make it obvious enough that it would be plainly the case to even the crankiest of judges). For more on the story there is a great article here...

Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

susw.... i am so (dirty f word) drunk you have no idea..... its 54-am and i hafve no idea where i am....
    Last edited by angrypancake; 04-01-2006 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    susw.... i am so ****ign drunk you have no idea..... its 54-am and i hafve no idea where i am....

Pace yourself. At this rate you could sober up and get drunk 2 or 3 more times today.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Quote Originally Posted by genphreak
    They're still celebrating Gayle, but in typical April Fool's Day spirit they are probably plastered or have forgotten the whole thing (or both)...

Oh, btw Great Cousins- here's a laugh for you, almost an April fool.

We've got a new ad campaign destined for boob-toobs all over the world, designed to convince people its worth coming over to Oz for a holiday. It's a kinda fun ad, warm and furry using all the national icons, but it is a fairly wet (given what we've all been up to the last few years), and thankfully it was taken off (parodied).

I thought I'd drop you a few links so you could have a laugh.

I suggest you watch the real one first, but the government paid the ad company so much money they started drinking the moment the ad was out of editing and their web-guy was clearly already drunk so it's quicktime link can be a bit dodgy (the pollies don't know how to use computers to do anything other than watch p0rn anywhow, so they won't find out...).

Anyway, it's novel because (as we all know) this is the first ad agency to do a great job by offending people, so much so the British banned it, which caused a real rucous. Of course it worked out to be a real (deliberate?) PR coup after hitting the headlines everywhere and our tourism minister hadn't been over to tug forelocks at the Palace for at least a year. So off he went and showed it to the British cabinet in person and they all agreed over cigars adn scotch that a lonesome babe wondering where the bloody hell we all are (as she bounces out of the water on a deserted beach in her bikini) was, in fact, the complete opposite to what their Office of Classifications had said.

Most of them then went on to ask if she'd still be on the beach when they got here...

So, check the real ad out here, and then check out any one of the satirical new, improved versions here. The 'original' satirical version was removed by the authorities (the Australian Tourism Commission's lawyers slammed a suit on them a few days ago, alleging copyright infringement (yes, it's that good) and knowing the pollies they are likley to come back and do it again any moment)... (the original song was exactly that- orginal so they actually re-wrote the theme in a few ways to make it obvious enough that it would be plainly the case to even the crankiest of judges). For more on the story there is a great article here...

Nick

2nd link is not working

why in the bloody hell is it not working??!?!?!?
    the beach hottie was hott... I look forward to going back to Oz, awesome place.

pretty good ad - a little shocking it was a government sponsord!
    I really want to see the others! can you hook us up with a good link?
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

haha i was a joke to my parents....

You're my hero.

1995 525iM - 131k - Alternator play, broken s-belt
    1995 525iA - 147k - Tensioner weirdness, broken s-belt
    2001 Intgra GS-R - 130k - spun bearing
    2002 Honda Odyssey - 80k - fragged transmission

hey thanx gayle and happy birthday to pancake.

thank you, happy birthday sir.

You're my hero.