GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 4HP22 Transmission filter brand

Default 4HP22 Transmission filter brand

Hello all!

I'm preparing to replace the strainer/filter in me 535iA and would like to know if I should purchase the parts from the dealer or buy the gasket/strainer/o-ring kit that BMA sells (Brand: ATC). I've read about the problems associated with undersized o-rings being provided with some filter kits and this has me worried. Is this a problem that the 4HP22 kits suffer from?

Also, has anyone encountered a ringing/metallic rubbing noise near the starter area of the M30? This ringing sounds almost as if the ring gear is rubbing on something. Is it possible the starter gear is not retracting all the way? The noise isn't as pronounced once the engine warms up, but it definitely doesn't sound healthy.

Finally, the last question. When I check the fluid level in the transmission after a drive (parked on level surface with transmission in park), I pull the dipstick out the first time and its dry. I reinsert it, pull it out again, and it shows the proper fluid level. Why is it dry the first time? The transmission operates normally, albeit slightly harsh on upshifts (hence the strainer and fluid change).

Thanks in advance!

Bump

Another bump from page 3. No one has any experience or opinions on transmission filters?

Buy BMW if you have concerns about updated parts.
    A loose starter can make a ringing noise from the starter gear striking the ring gear at an angle.
    Ive seen what you describe on many makes and models, I have always assumed its from the oil taking a few moments to drain back into the pan after putting it in park.