GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: starter won't crank most of the time no click lights still bright

Default starter won't crank most of the time no click lights still bright

no voltage at terminal 50 on solenoid in start position. I'm going to jumper the starter relay if this doesn't work where is the nuetral safety switch? The switch on the clutch pedal is for just the cruise? I have a 89 535i 5speed. Any other ideas? On another note I noticed my central locking system was acting strange. I cycled it a few times it seems ok . Now the starter will crank almost every time if you have the lights on. turn the lights off and nothing not a click or anything. everything else electrical seems ok. what starter solenoid terminal do I jumper with the main hot to make the starter work if I get stuck some where? I've tried the jumper on the starter relay and no change. thanks guys dizzy
    Last edited by Dizzy; 03-30-2006 at 09:21 AM.

trace back from the starter, you need Javier for this, he comes out late eastern time for me.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy
    no voltage at terminal 50 on solenoid in start position. I'm going to jumper the starter relay if this doesn't work where is the nuetral safety switch? The switch on the clutch pedal is for just the cruise? I have a 89 535i 5speed. Any other ideas? On another note I noticed my central locking system was acting strange. I cycled it a few times it seems ok . Now the starter will crank almost every time if you have the lights on. turn the lights off and nothing not a click or anything. everything else electrical seems ok. what starter solenoid terminal do I jumper with the main hot to make the starter work if I get stuck some where? I've tried the jumper on the starter relay and no change. thanks guys dizzy
    My cruise controle does work and deactivates off the clutch. I'm kind of stumped hear guys I need your help with some ideas. Thanks,dizzy

Default what does the factery alarm disable?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy
    My cruise control does work and deactivates off the clutch. I'm kind of stumped hear guys I need your help with some ideas. Thanks,dizzy
    Does it kill the starter or the ignition or both. My car also has a key less entry with alarm that I am suspect of which is tied in with the starter and ignition. What a night mare. I made a jumper so I can start it temporary. bottom small lug on starter from a hot that" from a start position on ignition switch. took it out to pick up my kids at school left it running and it started misfiring. Cleared up with a little driving, On the way home of course. That's new, it's been running flawlessly. Any way my main question is does the factory alarm deactivate the ignition or what it does exactly. Thanks from a very frustrated dizzy

bump
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy