GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW Transmission Fluid including Shell LA2634

Default BMW Transmission Fluid including Shell LA2634

Okay guys... I know we have debated for eons on Shell LA-2634 replacements... The Quaker States Multi-Vehicle Transmission Fluid is the same as Pennzoil Multi-Vehicle Transmission Fluid. Afterall, they are the same company... both owned by Shell...

Their official documents have stated specifically that these fluids are compatible with Shell LA-2634... take a look at third pages. These fluids are also compatible with Dextrons... I, II and III... so that's practically all BMW.

Best of all is that these fluids are 100% synthetic.

http://www.esscc.com/qs/atf.pdf

http://www.johnryoungco.com/pdf/PZL_...ssionFluid.pdf

Check the documents for yourself.

Okay... a blend... I am sorry... not 100% synthetic. My mistake... which makes me wonder... isn't this stuff Shell LA-2634? Because that is also a blend... hehehe.

Default You're misreading the document Tiger, all the fluids in the last column are

specialized fluids and it does not replace these... it replaces the ones that have an x.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Okay... a blend... I am sorry... not 100% synthetic. My mistake... which makes me wonder... isn't this stuff Shell LA-2634? Because that is also a blend... hehehe.

Alright... I think you are misreading it... I got a german documents that it said it is compatible with Shell LA2634 and the Esso version ... If it is not compatible, wouldn't they specifically say not compatible? Come-on... do you really expect them to list all different types of fluids so they can "x" it? That would be one huge table. I am going to ask Pennzoil and Quaker State directly. Someone already asked them... but I am going to ask again to get official word.

Default By all means Tiger give them a mail or a call, I would like to know positively also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Alright... I think you are misreading it... I got a german documents that it said it is compatible with Shell LA2634 and the Esso version ... If it is not compatible, wouldn't they specifically say not compatible? Come-on... do you really expect them to list all different types of fluids so they can "x" it? That would be one huge table. I am going to ask Pennzoil and Quaker State directly. Someone already asked them... but I am going to ask again to get official word.

new540iowner Guest

Default Tiger, my experience with the Quaker State has...

been OK. As I stated in a previous post, the shift quality is very similar to the OEM fluid (i.e you can feel the shifts but not harsh or anything). If I were to do it all over again, I would buy a cheap aftermarket filter with a dealer supplied O-ring and about 8 quarts of Quaker State Multi-Vehicle ATF for the first fluid change. After about 100 miles, I would spring for an SPX/Filtran filter with dealer O-ring and 8 quarts of Redline D4 ATF. The reason I say this is after a couple hundred miles, I'm noticing how spoiled I was with the Redline D4 ATF. It's almost like the Quaker State ATF is an OEM substitute whereas the Redline D4 ATF is a fluid upgrade (the shift quality IS that much better). I'll be switching back to the Redline D4 ATF in a couple weeks.

Thank you for your insight... I too want to flush out the system. How much did you pay for the Redline?

new540iowner Guest

Default I paid...

$96 for a case of 12 out the door (Redline D4 ATF)

That's cheap! Where?

new540iowner Guest

Default A local distributor. Check out Redline's website for a list of distributors.

The D4 ATF normally sells for $8/quart and you get a 10% discount if you buy a case. So, depending on your local sales tax rate, you may be able to get it cheaper than I did!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast