GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Two problems with my e34

Default Two problems with my e34

Its about 226,000 miles now, and no major problems so far. Today, I did find ONE however. I need to replace the tie rods. Is this the reason for the shaky steering wheel at speeds of 45-60??? it stops after 60. My friend said it was the tie rod. How much does it cost to replace? thanks

And the second question is my passenger door wont open. Its permanantly locked. when you try to pull open the door opener, it won't catch. It just feels limp and wont open. Any suggestions?

Your shimmey is almost undoutedly your thrust arm bushings. Get new arms with bushing already pressed in, or do what i did and have a horrible time sawing the old bushings out to press new ones in.

Your locked passenger door might be fixed by doing a lock re-syncronization. Unlock the drivers door, and while holding the key in the unlock position, lift the door handle. The key should turn even farther, and your problem might be fixed. If you dont understand what i just explained, tough luck.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

lol Alex you're a funny guy. Hahahaha. Thanks for the help. I'll see what i can do.

Update: Maybe the lock thing works when locking, not unlocking. Not a big deal to try the other if one doesnt work though.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Had same problem with my car, mine was a lost balance weight on my front wheel, just in case your control arm bushes are ok.Cheers Mick