GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: mufflers

Default mufflers

Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me if the rear muffler or the front muffler is the 1 used to keep the sound levels down or are both used to keep it quiet. My car has become very loud. I see these mufflers are quite expensive compared to what I paid for other cars I have owned. I like a little sound of power but this has become obnoxious

Default The rear muffler is a general muffler to quiet all sound, the front one is a

resonator designed to block certain frequencies or resonances that would otherwise be annoying inside the car... the 2 work together hand in hand. There are aftermarket stock muffler and resonator replacements that are much more reasonably priced than the factory ones

Quote Originally Posted by duby55
    Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me if the rear muffler or the front muffler is the 1 used to keep the sound levels down or are both used to keep it quiet. My car has become very loud. I see these mufflers are quite expensive compared to what I paid for other cars I have owned. I like a little sound of power but this has become obnoxious

If your exhaust has become louder, chances are that rust is eating away at the exhaust components making holes allowing the passage of exh gases out.
    Inspect the piping, resonator and silencer for holes. There is a variety of exhaust packages available at low to high price ranges. I went with stainless steel BB Triflow cat back for $720 and couldnt be happier.
    Support your American Flag Merchant Marine
    No BMW at this time, eyeing a 91 318iS. 00 Saab 9-5, 89 Bronco XLT, 05 Kawi Z1k, 00 Ducati 748S Bip