GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: where do you enjoy driving your e34?

Default where do you enjoy driving your e34?

I-78 is such an easy road to speed on! i cant wait to get the car back on monday and take it out
    which brings good question :

where do you enjoy driving your e34? highway number or name? where?

I like Taconic Parkway in New york
    Last edited by Rustam; 03-24-2006 at 08:42 PM.

deleted air conditioning

Default H-3

Late at night for some hyperspace or Kalanianole Highway between Sandy Beach & Hawaii Kai for twisties.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

any curvy(not TOO tight) road be it main highway or secondary road.....some roads are built for the e 34.....leave it in third and use the silky smooth tourque or the revs...,if you dont have to really brake hard the handling is so neutral and the car seems to shrink around you...
    Gone but not forgotten

Default 1-95

Get in at about 7.am on almost every Saturday morning. Get on 1-95 on my way to the first tee at 8.am in Fort Lauderdale. Ahh what a feeling...., I-95 here in Miami is almost empty at that time and the cops are nowhere to be seen.!! Again I say what a feeling!!!!! I have owned 4 Cars since I moved down here to Florida, and the E-34 morning drive .... Again IIIII say .... what... a .... feeling!!!!!

Oh man, not north of Boynton Beach Blvd.... 7am I can't break 80 for more than a few seconds. By 7:30 its 35 mph the whole damn way...
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

I-83 southbound between the burbs and downtown Baltimore... it's like an F1 race course in an urban setting... with the city skyline as the backdrop
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

taconic parkway is sweet, but a lot of times its too narrow for my tastes, especially around Chappaqua (for those that know the road). a lot of times theres *******s that don't know how to drive going way too fast and taking up both lanes.

i live by West Point, and there is one road that snakes along the side of the mountain, overlooking the hudson river, only open in the summers and closed when it rains too hard. its only a couple miles long but beautiful, and there's no possible way to get it out of 3rd. but wow its fun.

95 north of boynton beach sucks. last week though i drove from del ray to orlando in my buddies turbo jetta, starting at 5am, it was amazing. no traffic, no cops, 95mph the whole way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Highway 17 from Los Gatos to Santa Cruz on an early Saturday morning.....2 lanes up thru the redwoods....50 mph speed limit.... couldn't be more fun in the 530 at 80....Schweet! Or Hwy 84 thru La Honda.....gotta love these cars....

Josh?....I'm sure you can relate.....Hwy from South City....

hwy 17 is awsome...when there is no traffic.

My favorite route though would probably be
    Start:
    page mill rd.
    to
    alpine rd.
    to
    pescadero rd.
    to
    stage rd.
    to
    hwy 84 La honda rd.
    to
    King mtn road.
    to
    skyline blvd- which leads me back to s.f.

route takes about 3 hours...and has quite a bit of different types of driving!

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Rather than name the highway number, here are the driving experiences I love.

There is a street interchange from one highway to another (the state cheaped out and didn't build real interchanges). 5 lanes off of one highway and 2 lanes on to the other and a traffic light between. I always end up (by choice) in the lane people don't realize is there. So there are 5 people in the lane next to me getting on and usually just me in my lane getting on. And am usually doing 85 by the time I hit the end of the on ramp and have passed 5 people in the other lane of the on ramp before I start to merge into traffic on the highway. I get to do this almost every morning and I absolutely love it! Oh that acceleration....

On the way home, there is a 3 mile stretch of curving 4 lane road next to a canyon that has almost no traffic and no cops--speed limit 45. It is real easy to do 75 through there and feel how the car holds the road through the curves.

And then there is the 20 miles through Camp Pendleton Marine base that saves San Diego from being invaded by LA urban sprawl. The ocean is on one side, raw land, small mountains and coastal scrub on the other side....At sunrise or sunset it is gorgeous because of the beautiful pink glow of the light. And early morning, especially weekends, is the best because traffic is really light. EVERYONE drives 80 through there in the daytime and 90 in the early morning. It is a no worries zone for drivers.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast