GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT like your German car?

Default OT like your German car?

http://www.aldi.com/

this place is awesome.

anyone else hooked?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

aldi is a piece of **** food mart about 2 miles up the road from me where you dont go if you have cash (basically a food stamp early type place. i'm not knocking it, but thats what it is)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

ALDI is awsome. I like how they make you put a deposit in the machine to use a shopping cart and you have to bring your own bags. Typical german
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

I like the idea that there are no carts in the lot to roll into my car, I found all the food to be great. I can get a full cart for 1/3 the cost of the local grocery stores.

Quote Originally Posted by scott540
    ALDI is awsome. I like how they make you put a deposit in the machine to use a shopping cart and you have to bring your own bags. Typical german
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

omg, Aldi has made it to the usa? I avoid aldi like the plague when I'm in europe. I do like the idea of having to return your cart though. To international people, in america we kick the carts all over the parking lot because we're too lazy to return them. On the bright side, it creates a job for someone who has to collect all the random, spread out carts and return them to the store.

when i loved in holland, all the grocery stores required a deposit on their carts, it was the mental equivilance of a dollar, which is high enough that you will bother putting the cart back

You don't need to travel to europe to drop a dollar in a shopping cart. Just visit Canada with an appetite.

Some are still lazy enough o leave their dollar and their cart stranded in the lot. These become prime targets, like being paid to shop.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    You don't need to travel to europe to drop a dollar in a shopping cart. Just visit Canada with an appetite.

Some are still lazy enough o leave their dollar and their cart stranded in the lot. These become prime targets, like being paid to shop.

Dave M
    i always wondered why superstore/supercentre charged a loonie, and safeway didn't, though i wasn't that old at the time. the best things aren't shopping carts, though. i know that i'm an old man and all, but when someone in the mall fails to return their novelty kiddie strollers/buggies, i don't hesitate to return the damn things for the $2.50. 4 of them is $10. tax freeeee
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    i always wondered why superstore/supercentre charged a loonie, and safeway didn't, though i wasn't that old at the time. the best things aren't shopping carts, though. i know that i'm an old man and all, but when someone in the mall fails to return their novelty kiddie strollers/buggies, i don't hesitate to return the damn things for the $2.50. 4 of them is $10. tax freeeee
    Yeah... I do that... every at airports and the like.... fastest way to 10 bucks
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

I wish all stores would do that with the stinking shopping carts. The ONLY dent on my car is from a shopping cart that some lazy **** let roll. I was coming out of the store and watched helplessly from too far away as it gained a head of steam going downhill in a 30mph wind and driving rain as it rammed into the right rear passenger door. I had just come from the state nazi inspection and failed for emissions by one point.

Nice day I was havin'...