GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: The AC Hydraulics floor jack arrived....

Default The AC Hydraulics floor jack arrived....

... and no doubt about it, this jack is very nice. I had looked at Lincoln jacks and the 3 ton jack at Napa, and this one, in my mind, is far nicer.

Price is competitive with a Lincoln 2 ton jack and the Napa three ton (all are about $200-$240), but this jack looks much more substantial than that Napa jack and even nicer than the Lincoln. The rating on the AC DK20 is 4,400 pounds, but it makes my old 3.5- ton Sears jack look like something out of a Cracker Jack box.

Also has the "quiet rolling" wheels on it which is a new feature. The hard plastic wheels have a groove cut around the middle and a big rubber o-ring rides in that groove. What the jack is rolling around it is on the o-rings and is nice and quiet and not digging into the floor. When it is loaded, the o-rings are compressed and the plastic wheels are in full contact with the floor. Very clever.

Yes, I paid $20 for shipping from Houston, and an extra $20 for the saddle pad, but this jack is about three light years better than my Craftsman 3.5 ton jack. Highly recommended.
    Robert Callaway
    Dallas, TX
    '94 530im 143k mi
    '94 Land Cruiser FZJ-80 202k mi.

"If I could have back all the time and money I ever spent on cars.......I'd spend it all on cars."

Default Congratulations Robert, I'm jealous..

Quote Originally Posted by Super90
    ... and no doubt about it, this jack is very nice. I had looked at Lincoln jacks and the 3 ton jack at Napa, and this one, in my mind, is far nicer.

Price is competitive with a Lincoln 2 ton jack and the Napa three ton (all are about $200-$240), but this jack looks much more substantial than that Napa jack and even nicer than the Lincoln. The rating on the AC DK20 is 4,400 pounds, but it makes my old 3.5- ton Sears jack look like something out of a Cracker Jack box.

Also has the "quiet rolling" wheels on it which is a new feature. The hard plastic wheels have a groove cut around the middle and a big rubber o-ring rides in that groove. What the jack is rolling around it is on the o-rings and is nice and quiet and not digging into the floor. When it is loaded, the o-rings are compressed and the plastic wheels are in full contact with the floor. Very clever.

Yes, I paid $20 for shipping from Houston, and an extra $20 for the saddle pad, but this jack is about three light years better than my Craftsman 3.5 ton jack. Highly recommended.

Plastic wheels??? Isn't that kinda weak?

Sounds weak, but they are really burly. Not in the least bit worried.
    Robert Callaway
    Dallas, TX
    '94 530im 143k mi
    '94 Land Cruiser FZJ-80 202k mi.

"If I could have back all the time and money I ever spent on cars.......I'd spend it all on cars."

does sound very nice...host a pic when you have a chance. Is it real low slung?...what I would like....to get under a lowered BMW without driving the car onto a wooden appliance like I do?
    And quit putting down my old faithful Sears jack...it has sentimental value...not.
    To let the Sears jack down slowly when it is loaded is an art form...lol.
    George