GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn. Don't ever say "geez, the ol' gal's been running sweet for ages now..."

Default Damn. Don't ever say "geez, the ol' gal's been running sweet for ages now..."

...because that'll cause something to break. Lots.

In my case, it'll be the expensive bit of the hydraulically assisted brakes (it's a 540i). I'm told it's the servo. And you know you're in the s**t when BMW say "we haven't seen one of those break before" as that means, in this case, 646 UK pounds (call it an even $1000) worth of heavy item to be delivered from Germany.

Needless to say, if they break that rarely, I'll be hunting one down from a dismantler first.

Has anyone had experience of these servos failing (it's leakinghydraulic fluid out faster that it can be filled up), and do you know if it can be repaired rather than just replaced?

Oh and the weepy power steering hose I also have is a one-hundred-and-twenty UK pound item. For a hose. Egads.

Guess I know where the money from the closure of my old freelancing business is going then...

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy
    Oh and the weepy power steering hose I also have is a one-hundred-and-twenty UK pound item. For a hose. Egads.
    Be sure to check out BMA before handing over them hard earned beer-tokens dude, heaps cheaper than $tealer prices...

Who needs a sway bar anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerman
    Be sure to check out BMA before handing over them hard earned beer-tokens dude, heaps cheaper than $tealer prices...
    queensland plates? where are you hiding bimmerman?

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Default The last one i bought here, i got from bma in california and i

think it was right around 230 USD for a zf factory rebuilt unit, I'm assuming that this is what your talking about. This is the hydroboost unit for a 1993 540 with righthand drive for the ece market. It helps if you post where your from since the cars vary according to country

quote=Marshy]...because that'll cause something to break. Lots.

In my case, it'll be the expensive bit of the hydraulically assisted brakes (it's a 540i). I'm told it's the servo. And you know you're in the s**t when BMW say "we haven't seen one of those break before" as that means, in this case, 646 UK pounds (call it an even $1000) worth of heavy item to be delivered from Germany.

Needless to say, if they break that rarely, I'll be hunting one down from a dismantler first.

Has anyone had experience of these servos failing (it's leakinghydraulic fluid out faster that it can be filled up), and do you know if it can be repaired rather than just replaced?

Guess I know where the money from the closure of my old freelancing business is going then... [/quote]

i always tell myself its running like **** and the damn thing will never die

I'm in the UK - I keep forgetting to put that in my profile...
    And many thanks, Bill, for digging out that diagram and part number. I was lacking that detail until now, and (once I've spoken to the dealer that looked at it briefly) I'll be able to confirm if that's the part and make sure I get the right thing elsewhere...

Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by rob101
    queensland plates? where are you hiding bimmerman?
    South west Sydney (did somebody say "macquarie field riots?" ) from Brisbane originally, posted here for another year courtesy of the army

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerman
    South west Sydney (did somebody say "macquarie field riots?" ) from Brisbane originally, posted here for another year courtesy of the army
    I just noticed you have a 1992 M50TU is the build date after 9/92 mine's a 1992 M50 no vanos though (i think)

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

It has vanos, built 9/92, however the consensus after the last sydney meet was it didn't make much difference if you had it or not

Does anyone know how to get a hold of the BMW TIS in english? I had a russian one but its non-compliant with my windows version.... so all i see is gibberish and question marks. (sorry for stealing the thread kind of but i keep seeing the TIS and I want to get a hold of one...) PM me if you know where to get it.

-Artem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast