GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Turbonator (say it loud with the movie voice)

Default The Turbonator (say it loud with the movie voice)

http://www.turbonator.com/index.html?id=adWordsBMW

What do you think? Hit or S$@*?

i believe if you get two of them you are in even better shape - maybe 40 mpg and over 300 horsepower

"I purchased two Turbonators for my Chrysler Sebring and immediately noticed the increase in power. It was more than I expected. I am already noticing the improved gas mileage. I like them so much, I am ordering two more for my brothers. Now, it feels like my car has a turbo charger."

What about like ten of them in series?
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Default Hit it and get back to us with the results

I'm interested

Quote Originally Posted by sKilled

Quote Originally Posted by sKilled
    Absolutely, positively, total garbage. There have been MANY variations of this snake oil over the decades, none do anything, other than add restriction to the intake tract.

They state that it adds swirling action in the combustion chamber. HA! Like the swirling action imposed on the air entering the main intake will maintain that through the throttle body, intake manifold, valves, etc. The throttle body itself, with the throttle butterfly in the air stream, will mostly straighten out most of that, if it even makes it that far.

Surprised there are any snakes left on the planet, with so many of them being squeezed for their oil. 8>)
    David Shealey
    San Diego, CA
    '94 525i
    '01 740iL

Default I'm pretty sure it works like a toilet....

I'm pretty sure the swirl effect maintains all the way through the car and out the exhaust, despite the combustion process.

Think of it like a toilet. I'm pretty sure my turd swirls all the way through the flush, from the bowl through the flange and down through my home plumbing all the way until it hits the sewer or ejector pit. A pretty efficient flush at only 1 gallon per flush. That efficiency is achieved by the swirling action.

Quote Originally Posted by David Shealey
    They state that it adds swirling action in the combustion chamber. HA! Like the swirling action imposed on the air entering the main intake will maintain that through the throttle body, intake manifold, valves, etc. The throttle body itself, with the throttle butterfly in the air stream, will mostly straighten out most of that, if it even makes it that far.

Now, ok - think about it rationally. What does it do? Create a vortex of air? ok good, so you got a vortex of air in the intake tube. What happens after it gets to the intake - it splits the air flow up into 6 different parts, so maybe - by chance you got a vortex of air in the middle chambers (i got no idea what would be a great thing about the vortex, but thats what is their main selling point) so, alright - assuming a vortex does anything at all, if anything the benefit goes to maybe the 3rd and 4th cylinders... now, the damn thing is blocking the air flow to the engine, reducing the horsepower!! ok - it saves gas, but you can just stick something really restrictive in the air box and it will have the same effect - you will save gas, since less air goes through the engine, the computer sees that less fuel s required for the mixture and there is your fuel economy. It may make a cool sound since it has blades and whatnot, so you can be proud of it thus far.

But charging $60 for a stationary turbine blade that restricts airflow to the engine??? did I miss something?

-Artem

Does that mean that for us in the USA the turbonator would swirl one direction and for those down under it would swirl in the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    I'm pretty sure the swirl effect maintains all the way through the car and out the exhaust, despite the combustion process.

Think of it like a toilet. I'm pretty sure my turd swirls all the way through the flush, from the bowl through the flange and down through my home plumbing all the way until it hits the sewer or ejector pit. A pretty efficient flush at only 1 gallon per flush. That efficiency is achieved by the swirling action.
    Current
    2008 M5 6 Spd
    2000 Z3 2.8 5 Spd MSport
    2012 X5 35d Sport
    1995 540i 6 Spd
    1992 535i 5 Spd

Former
    1995 530iA
    1986 635CSI 5 Spd
    2011 X3 2.8 MSport

Default Speaking of snake oil.......

There is a girl in my office who is going down to part time in order to start a new business - the BioPerfomance gas pills. All over the internet, you either see people raving about them (sellers, at least) or you see people saying what a scam it is.

I did a little research into it an found one writeup by some guy saying they helped his milage but he couldn't get his hands to stop smelling like mothballs.
    I then did a search on 'gas + mothballs' and found one guys who said that when he raced on Friday nights, he and all the other racers would put a few mothballs (napthalene) into their fuel tanks to help boost the octane a bit.

Yesterday, this girl in my office was giving some of these gas pills to a coworker to try out and I took one whiff of them and they smelled just like mothballs.

Now, that company sells a bottle of 100 pills for $80. I thinks a can get a whole box of napthalene mothballs at a store for under $20.

I just had to laugh. I would never put anything in my car like that without some concrete evidence that it won't hurt my motor. Affidavits from people who get better gas milage just isn't gonna do it.

JD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast