GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M3 with a whipple twin screw super

Default M3 with a whipple twin screw super

http://www.fastlane.com.au/Custom_Shed/BoomerBeemer.htm
    it has been done before, shouldn't be too hard to adapt that to an M50 should it?

just bought myself the book Supercharged and am getting bad ideas, was thinking a low boost rootes though with an M3 (3.2L?) crank to make it into 2.9L

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Ouch, that is serious mum!

But honest, beware of the costs involved - "tell him he's dreamin' " lol

i am under no illusions that i will spend less than 10k. depends how much you do yourself and who you know, i am not going to get some random person to design the intake manifold or any BS like that, i can design stuff like that myself I also work in a construction company so there are boilermakers and top grade mechanics all around (although our boilermaker is shite house atm) not to mention contact with companies that machine mechanical components. it'd really be the fabrication that would cost, and that would be mainly the mounts and manifold i suppose. and i am thinking of doing it as part of an engine rebuild anyway. and using MS efi so i am not really dreaming, just pondering but there will be no illusions of 533 hp beasts like in the link. 300ish hp with low down torque will be fine for me hence the stroker and Positive displacement
    Last edited by rob101; 03-16-2006 at 06:17 AM.

Honestly, let me know if you are going to do it and once you are done. Will pack in the misses and come over from New Zealand. Got a mate in Melbourne, and I think he will have to hold out as the excuse for me to see the completed monster!

Quote Originally Posted by sKilled
    Honestly, let me know if you are going to do it and once you are done. Will pack in the misses and come over from New Zealand. Got a mate in Melbourne, and I think he will have to hold out as the excuse for me to see the completed monster!
    lol yeah well if i start going on projects for work outside the cities it will definitely go ahead I'd say.

bump thought the americans might be interested in this, but alas none of them has posted

Quote Originally Posted by rob101
    bump thought the americans might be interested in this, but alas none of them has posted
    I just posted :-)
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Terry has done tons of conversions...

bump around here, you might get some ideas

http://www.terrysaytherauto.com/Conversions.htm

one of these days I will do this
    http://www.terrysaytherauto.com/M532Photos.htm
    Last edited by Elekta; 03-16-2006 at 08:09 PM.

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

well, as far as im concerned id stay the turbo route, easier, pore power potential, and it doesent rob power while it makes it, it uses power being wasted out the exhaust. and i assume you knew this and are trying to be origional, which would be cool, but i think id rather be cool by doing a twin tirbo set up or somthing like that, two small quick spoling turbos. take it or leave it. c ya

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    well, as far as im concerned id stay the turbo route, easier, pore power potential, and it doesent rob power while it makes it, it uses power being wasted out the exhaust. and i assume you knew this and are trying to be origional, which would be cool, but i think id rather be cool by doing a twin tirbo set up or somthing like that, two small quick spoling turbos. take it or leave it. c ya
    it would of course. for you, but unfortunately there is a steering rack complicating things in the mix on the exhaust side. for you see our cars are RHD, and to my knowledge high mount turbos are somewhat illegal here. and yes a discopotato (GT25RS) would be smashing, but yeah RHD complicates things somewhat. and then there is the question of low down torque, a well setup turbo can do this, but if you want that in a super you need a positive displacement.
    Last edited by rob101; 03-16-2006 at 10:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast