GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Filters in Canada/ and changing the filter

Default Fuel Filters in Canada/ and changing the filter

I know racing king. is the obvious choice but is there anyplace that sells them oppose to ordering them online???

im guessing part stores could order them for me , so what exactly is the part i need??
    and has anyone done this job before??

J.McWatters

Google the part number bro, Bruno dont rip you off by any means.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

thanks man, but
    can someone explain the diff like just for my knowledge, why does one cost more then the other? both are made in germ, is one bigger? faster fuel delivery??

http://parts.autopartsonlinecanada.c...rt=Fuel+Filter

J.McWatters

also as u can see Racing King has very odd price differences like 70 dollars for a filter then 9 dollars??

http://www.racingking.net/Canada/scr...ield=sortorder

Cheers

J.McWatters

The only difference with price is manufacturers. The filters available for you your car, regardless of brand are the same size and produced to BMW spec so no one filter make is going to allow/restrict flow significantly more/less so than the other. You should pay no more than US$20. Go with Bosch.

I just changed the filter yesterday, follow the directions on Bruno's site. Just remember to install the new filter with the arrow in the correct direction. It's not difficult at all.
    Support your American Flag Merchant Marine
    No BMW at this time, eyeing a 91 318iS. 00 Saab 9-5, 89 Bronco XLT, 05 Kawi Z1k, 00 Ducati 748S Bip

alrighty so u just "pinched" both ends of the fuel line right? I have a book that says i have to take out the fuse for the fuel pump and o all this ****...

J.McWatters

Well in my case, I just replaced my fuel tank. I didnt pinch the hoses and went about a completely different way so I could empty the old tank before removing it.

But, pulling the fuse, real easy, is the best and safest way to do it. The fuse location is labled within the fuse box cover to tell you its exact location. Just pull it while running the engine until it stalls.
    Support your American Flag Merchant Marine
    No BMW at this time, eyeing a 91 318iS. 00 Saab 9-5, 89 Bronco XLT, 05 Kawi Z1k, 00 Ducati 748S Bip

Let the engine run and then pull the fuel pump fuse/relay. Engine will die when pressure goes down in fuel feed and there is not much pressure anymore in the fuel lines.
    Otherwise better make it in swimming suit and with diver's mask ;-)

ahah great thanks all.

J.McWatters

I had already started doing some other work when I swapped mine and had the battery disconnected. I didn't feel like putting the battery back in to do it the "correct" way. Anyway, a decent amount of fuel did dump out, so be ready if you don't let the pressure out. Also, my fuel lines were in rough shape and I had to cut some back to get some good rubber. I plan on replacing soon, but I wish I had bought the line before cause it would only take an extra 5 minutes or so to do while I was under there. Lastly, I would get some new clamps. It suggests you do so in the Bentley and mine were pretty corroded.

Otherwise it was pretty straightforward and some of my fuel pump noise went away. I'm assuming it was due for a change and had some gunk in there making the pump work harder.
    91 535iA M30 Auto
    Born in 3/91 (The Bimmer, not me )

120,000 Miles
    Pics soon--she is a work in progress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast