GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What a weekend all you wonderful people, thank you MattyB

Default What a weekend all you wonderful people, thank you MattyB

I have to say that this weekend's meet was
    10x better than I thought it'd be, as when (perhaps) all one has is bimmers in common you really never know how things will turn out....

But Matty turned on one heck of a classic barbeque, attended not just by a record group of local board members but also by a collection of the local wildlife (tho we were thinking of bringing a special bird along to sort Kriss out) we decided not to wreck his auto-weekend with the added distraction that would be any form of real (or perhaps slightly less-real>>>> lmao) ladyfreind (it would be way too much distraction for the young lad). But we gracefully accepted the attendance of the local bush-turkeys

of whom a pair have made a 3x6' nest on the mountainside that is Matty's back yard.

Unfortunately neither of these guys were interested in Kriss so we eventually let him call it a night early (ie around 3am), and with all the swearing going on (apologies to everyone online), it was best he went to bed anyway.

Later on even one of the local possums dropped in for a feed...

and there was the neighbour's dog also, she hung round cos she has worked out long ago that Matty's place has the best food in the neighbourhood...

More pics below of matty's place, his fabled street number (I wasn't kidding Gayle!) and the amazing spread he laid on (I guess I shouldn't let on for fear of upsetting happily married couples but Matty used to be a chef so has culinary skills that left no-one wanting for nourishment.

You can see Kriss running Matty's barbeque (a real no-no in Ozzy culture; a man's barbeque is the next most important thing to his e34 so Kriss just about got let off for this faux-pax). Besides it let Matty focus on being a great host for us all, so we weren't complaining.

You can see however that we're all fans of the 'nail your steak to a gum-tree in a bushfire' method of cooking. The sweet potato strips were a nice shade of blackened orange on one side with a healthy black crust on the other, juz the way we like 'em.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by genphreak; 06-04-2006 at 03:45 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!

Default I envy you

invite me next time and I will come, only about 10 hours flight
    Looks like you really had a lot of fun and the wildlife in AUS is unbeatable.

We also had a small BBQ meeting recently at my place from the E32 club Japan, and we made a tour around Chiba Peninsula with a lot of Sushi eating stops
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/s...nal/BBQMeeting

And this was the second collection point. Here we were to meet with BoomNZoom (Keith) form Queensland, but despite sat-nav and the enormous speed potential of a full-house 540 with quad exhausts with 10" tyres, he was too late (even though he drove the 1000km trip straight after work) and ended up meeting us at Matty's later on.

What a piss-pooooor effort (we all said)!

Thus his car is missing from the pics out the front of Worthington BMW where the salesmen came out and offered us coffee and cake, but we said no thanks (who wants a new Bimmer anyway and Matty even turned down his foraml invitation to drive the Bimmer on account of playing host to the bunch of bums that had materialised).

So of course they were down to their last resort so offered to swap their latest E60s for our e34s right there and then, but we knew they were just desperate to get a hold of some real performance cars in the showroom. And we know only too well what we all have so politely declined and headed to Matty's place... via Terrigal and Avoca Beach, where we shot a pic of our beasties in the car park before moving on to the barbecue...
    (more pics coming)...
    Last edited by genphreak; 06-04-2006 at 01:29 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

Quote Originally Posted by shogun
    invite me next time and I will come, only about 10 hours flight
    Looks like you really had a lot of fun and the wildlife in AUS is unbeatable.

We also had a small BBQ meeting recently at my place from the E32 club Japan, and we made a tour around Chiba Peninsula with a lot of Sushi eating stops
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/s...nal/BBQMeeting
    Erich it goes without saying you would be a warmly honoured guest and we would bestow upon you nothing short of a BMW enthusiasts' State Reception- the likes of which this country would normally only put on for the 'Greatest' of Leaders like George W (what comparison is this??? Not that I mean to comment in any way on your intellectual ability)....

Hmmm Perhaps we should admit that we were really just trying to beat the great meet you managed to arrange over there!
    Last edited by genphreak; 06-04-2006 at 03:47 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

So on the way to Matty's place... we stopped for some air at Terrigal and Avoca Beach. Here are our beasties (and us) shot in the car park before moving on to the barbecue...

Let's see, from left to right we have:

• Rob (aka 'claybar log') Rob101 from Queensland;
    • Paul 'have swag, will drive' (Wingman);
    • John 535is (I'll rip an e34 exhaust anytime),
    • Nick (the nut) genphreak;
    • John's son, Scott 'I'm so damn cool I CAN go anywhere with Dad' (who is yet to buy a Bimmer or even become a member of the board, but was provided guest status on account of his age (but probably won't have this lattitude extended to him next year as he will be able to then...));
    • Matty (I'm not gonna get pissed on youse or speak vulgarities the likes of which I cannot spell (at the time);
    • Cheryl (Phil's partner who is the meanest 540 driver I've ever seen which is why Phil was laying the law down and taking the reins of the silver bullet today. Cheryl had to spend a fair bit of time consoling Greg (beside her in the picture); who was smarting about having to leave all the babes behind in his trailer at the movie set) and who provided us with complimentary bimmer.info stickers that would make any right-minded M-person jealous;
    • Kristian (I do it all myself) BigKriss;
    • Tony (I have a swag AND I am prepared to use it) Bimmerdood and who brought some awesomely poronographic e34 literature with him and of course- last but not about to be least quite yet;
    • Phil Sanderson (taking the picture) but am not prepared to be in the pic even though I'm looking about 10x better than I did the last time were at a meet- congratulations Phil and well done on the tough slog you are winning at!!!
    Last edited by genphreak; 06-04-2006 at 02:07 AM.

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum