GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OT: Calculus Challenge of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by zhandax
    Do like I did; pay your graduate teaching assistant to tutor you. They will feel too guilty to fail you.
    I wouldnt feel guilty if I knew the person did not care for exerting effort

deleted air conditioning

Hey, the guy is getting a business degree; I feel a kinship. I can tell you the calc I took has been totaly unused in the ensuing 25 years (damn, just realized I am that old; I will have to change my sig). I have developed spreadsheets to calculate the ROR on adjustable-rate mortgage seurities, and another to prepare asset-liability reports, and have had no instance to use calculus. And this includes the time I built a 500sf addition to the back of my house with a vaulted ceiling and a bastard hip roof that the inspector had to call his boss to check out.
    The stone age didn't end for a lack of stones. Neither will the hydrocarbon age......

Andrem5 Guest

I can tell you the calc I took has been totaly unused in the ensuing 25 years... and have had no instance to use calculus.
    It could be argued that driving a car is an excellent example of the use of "calculus." Or throwing/catching a baseball, etc.

It could be argued that driving a car is an excellent example of the use of "calculus." Or throwing/catching a baseball, etc.
    You are completely correct. But if you calculate it to a decimal point, you may need counseling. Why do you think they call it 'sport'?
    The stone age didn't end for a lack of stones. Neither will the hydrocarbon age......

Of course, anyone willing to design a thrust arm which will last 50% longer is exempt from these observations. I simply offered advice to a fellow business major.
    Last edited by zhandax; 03-17-2006 at 06:21 PM.

Andrem5 Guest

You are completely correct. But if you calculate it to a decimal point, you may need counseling. Why do you think they call it 'sport'?
    It appears the brain is using a type of numerical integration to solve these kinematic problems. So subconsciously you may be "computing" to a few decimal points as needed.
    That said, I still may need counseling.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456