GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Russell Speed Bleeders Good Deal

Default Russell Speed Bleeders Good Deal

Just bought a couple packs (total 4) speed bleeders for the 535. Almost all BMWs are the same, Part number 639570, 7mm x 1.0

Cost on these was $6.00/each pack or $12.00 total plus $2.00 shipping. I just don't think you can buy these any cheaper.

Speed bleeders for those who do not know, make it extremely easy to bleed the brakes with one person. Very handy at the track and in the garage. Just attach your catch can, crack the bleeder 1/4 to 1/2 turn and pump the brakes a couple times. Be sure to fill the brake fluid after each wheel.

Just wanted to pass this on to the board.
    Mike Holbrook
    Meridian, Idaho
    1992 535im, 17", Euro M5 Throwing Stars 8's & 9's, FK-451 235/45s & 255/40s, M5 Sway Bars 25/20, Conforti chip, Lowes Ram Air, glass sunroof

Sounds like a good deal. Are you selling them or can you provide a link to where I can get a few sets. Thanks!

Opps, forgot to give the link. Here is the eBay auction. I called the number and ordered direct, 2 sets at eBay price of $6.00 set plus 2.00 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Russe...spagenameZWDVW
    Mike Holbrook
    Meridian, Idaho
    1992 535im, 17", Euro M5 Throwing Stars 8's & 9's, FK-451 235/45s & 255/40s, M5 Sway Bars 25/20, Conforti chip, Lowes Ram Air, glass sunroof

Andrem5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mholbrook
    Opps, forgot to give the link.
    Mike, it's a good thing the board registration process takes so long or my first post here would have been a big flame directed at YOU.
    Last edited by Andrem5; 03-15-2006 at 11:59 AM.

those look pretty cool for a 1 man operation!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I have always wanted to get a set... never have...
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Quote Originally Posted by mholbrook
    Just bought a couple packs (total 4) speed bleeders for the 535. Almost all BMWs are the same, Part number 639570, 7mm x 1.0

Cost on these was $6.00/each pack or $12.00 total plus $2.00 shipping. I just don't think you can buy these any cheaper.

Speed bleeders for those who do not know, make it extremely easy to bleed the brakes with one person. Very handy at the track and in the garage. Just attach your catch can, crack the bleeder 1/4 to 1/2 turn and pump the brakes a couple times. Be sure to fill the brake fluid after each wheel.

Just wanted to pass this on to the board.
    That's a good tip for US members only.

For the rest of us, BMA charge $7.20 per pair; and they dispatch outside the US.

Farout, who's gonna rip your ass off over $14 worth of stuff.... some eBay vendors are so anally retentive and think they can only trust their fellow Americans. This approach is taken by a majoroty of vendors on eBay.

In contrast, a large amount of the rest of the world thinks the complete opposite. I'm not saying this is justified or not, just an interesting point when it comes to eBay.

However it is a surprising approach from an Internantional perspective, as the US is the most letigious country on the planet and has more suburban murders than most other human civilisations.

I can't imagine advertising something for sale in a market in just my home country, or even it and the US alone. Even if it is big and the shipping cost prohibitive. I simply wouldn't trust eBay to filter the vendors, as they are proven hopeless. I would limit it to countries I don't trust the postal systems in, and perhaps some others JIC, but what is with this attitude of saying no I won't sell to anyone outside my country?

Nick

Join the Aussie
    540i LE yahoo forum

08/88 535i e34 M30+miller MAF, 'stiens, tints & teeth!