GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixed the valvecover leak, stalling - now more problems.. GRRR

Default Fixed the valvecover leak, stalling - now more problems.. GRRR

Alright, I fixed the valvecover leak and replaced all the hoses in the car, as well as ****in around with the ICV. The car runs now, though it was not starting for a bit - found out that some of the fuel injectors werent connected, hit the contacts to the injectors hard - they clicked in, and I was starting... now after that the RPM meter was through the roof - literally it was going past 8 and the 9k RPM... yet the car was acting like a normal idle, i reconnected a bunch of sensors and it is fine now. The problem is - when it idles and goes lower than 1k RPM in general it is very very rough... like really rough.. the car is shaking - i dont think it ever was like that and I can hear the engine when driving - couldnt hear it previously. I do have an exhaust leak but i am saying - more so than that leak. Does anyone have any idea what it is??

-Thank you, Artem

Is it firing in all cylinders?
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by wingman
    Is it firing in all cylinders?

Thats what im worried about... it seems not to - how do i figure out which ones arent firing?

(Probably one of the cylinders isnt firing...)

Should I just pull coils one by one?
    As in - is there an easier way to tell?

I didnt even know cars could run with a non-firing cylinder... Posts like firing on 3 cylinders seemed to me

-Artem
    Last edited by ArtemLepilov; 03-10-2006 at 10:12 PM.

I have to bow out of this one as I run an M20. I would pull the plugs leads one by one on my car but it may be different on yours with the coils.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

Yea, my car has i think 12V wires going into coils. The valvecover was leaking so i suspect one f the coils to be flooded with oil.

At least my fuel system is ok for now..

PS - Anyone with a parts 525I holler at me - I want to take a whole suspension off of one.

-Artem

Ok, today - tried checking the coils, but when i pull them the car just idles rougly as before. I have no idea what to do at this point. - Do I need new coils? do those things go bad? what can it be?

-Artem

Could it be the fuel injection's system's fault? anything?... Im really lost here - im even considering getting rid of the car and buying a civic or something...

-Artem

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemLepilov
    Could it be the fuel injection's system's fault? anything?... Im really lost here - im even considering getting rid of the car and buying a civic or something...

-Artem
    Keep the faith Artem. Don't touch that civic.

I have seen people with frustrating intracible problems that it took a long to fix but with the help here, they worked it out. For example, Pyro had terrible problems with his car when he first got it. One of his early threads on had 56 posts and spanned 2 weeks and it doesn't even get to the end of the problem which is covered in another thread. The point is there is enough help here to get you through this if you can hang in there.

Example of the extensive help you can get here with patience
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

if you pull all the plugs, lay them in order you should be able to isolate the missing cylinder, then repost and well see what to do next.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Will try.. im running out of ideas here - my car starts and even drives.. but very very roughly - the thing shakes unbelievably, especially close to but under 1000RPM... I know one of the cylinders isnt firing, but what can I do to fix that?

-Artem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast