GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry guys

Default Sorry guys

Sorry about the outage, I'm a frigging idiot. I went to work without checking the board and I ended up having to come back home to reconnect the HTTP server to the DB server. Nothing was down, just the servers wern't talking to each other!

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Default No problem...thanks for all you do!

Hope you got to bring a demo home to do the work!!
    Bill B.
    95 525i

Considering that you provide us all this board free of charge, I think you deserve a little slack.
    Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Default Next time don't be so stupid....

This will go down on your permanent record.

Next time we will have you paged at work. I can just hear the PA system in the lot "pshht.....Ed please go home and reset your website Crappie.com and Bimmer.info. The members are restless....pshhht"

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    Sorry about the outage, I'm a frigging idiot. I went to work without checking the board and I ended up having to come back home to reconnect the HTTP server to the DB server. Nothing was down, just the servers wern't talking to each other!

Hey, you got my number Scott, you coulda called. It's all your fauilt! Or just call Denny if he was working from home he coulda swung over and reset it for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H

Next time we will have you paged at work. I can just hear the PA system in the lot "pshht.....Ed please go home and reset your website Crappie.com and Bimmer.info. The members are restless....pshhht"

A Bimmer Nut for sure: '04 530im (current daily driver), '97 m3, '98 323is, '99 Z3, '01 740iL, '06 330cicm zhp, '02 R1150R, '69 r60, Owner/Operator of www.Bimmer.info and www.BimmerNut.com
    And I still maintain: '90 535im (sold to daughters best friend, one of my favorite bimmers), '92 525im (daughters other best friend now drives this one).

Thx for all you do Ed....
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Default Looks like are going to end up with the typical case....

of helpdesk finger pointing.

It's your fault, you own and operate the system.....it's my fault, I'm a user who failed to give proper feedback......

this ticket is closed

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer Nut Ed
    Hey, you got my number Scott, you coulda called. It's all your fauilt! Or just call Denny if he was working from home he coulda swung over and reset it for us!

I was starting to panic. I'm changing my dogbones today and I was going to print up all the tips and info last night (it's currently 09.15 Saturday here). It made me realise what a vital resource this great board is.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

Default thank god i thought i was banned

glad to hear everything is cool keep on blogging!!!

Default Oh boy, just wait for next years spanking....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H

And just what are you doing on the board? Shouldn't you be doing someone's taxes??? Man, I smell some audits this year..

Some customer on the lot only hears something about "Crappie bimmers" and drives off to the Lexus dealer.....

Ed, don't get your ass fired because of this board, you know how we are, but your family comes first....even though we're like family here, like Scott says, just don't let it happen again! Too many members are having withdrawls...

Your FRIEND,
    Jr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast