GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help, Injector leak, or is it?

Default Please help, Injector leak, or is it?

WTF?
    I'm tracking the residual pressure leak to solve long cranking. I changed FPR to new, changed rubber fuel lines, no gas smell below the car, replaced BMW check valve fix AGAIN. Replaced injectors to Five-O Denso ones.
    Still loosing pressure.
    So I took out the fuel rail and charged it with fuel relay activation trying to find injector leaking from the nozlle, found two. I found two from my original ones that were NOT leaking. Charged again and waited overnight.
    Now, get this, NO leaking with fuel rail/injectors out of the manifold.
    I put it back together and resid. pressure leaks out in 2/3 hours.
    My question: is there some kind of electrical triger making injectors open up?
    What else am I missing. There's nothing else left to change!

I know that the inlet of the injector is exposed to fuel rail pressure and outlet of the injector is exposed to manifold vacuum, about 15 inches of Hg or -7.3 psi at idle.
    Would this vaccum & pressure make injectors that don't leak out of the manifold leak in the manofold?

Quote Originally Posted by nariusb
    WTF?
    I'm tracking the residual pressure leak to solve long cranking. I changed FPR to new, changed rubber fuel lines, no gas smell below the car, replaced BMW check valve fix AGAIN. Replaced injectors to Five-O Denso ones.
    Still loosing pressure.
    So I took out the fuel rail and charged it with fuel relay activation trying to find injector leaking from the nozlle, found two. I found two from my original ones that were NOT leaking. Charged again and waited overnight.
    Now, get this, NO leaking with fuel rail/injectors out of the manifold.
    I put it back together and resid. pressure leaks out in 2/3 hours.
    My question: is there some kind of electrical triger making injectors open up?
    What else am I missing. There's nothing else left to change!

not when the car is off, which as I read is your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nariusb
    I know that the inlet of the injector is exposed to fuel rail pressure and outlet of the injector is exposed to manifold vacuum, about 15 inches of Hg or -7.3 psi at idle.
    Would this vaccum & pressure make injectors that don't leak out of the manifold leak in the manofold?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Thanks Regal for you reply, that's what I suspected all along. I have to assume that Five-O injectors, they are Denso, are driping at the nozzle. When I asked them about it and they replied that a little drip at the nozzle - doesn't mean there's something wrong with it. But it is! My residual pressure is gone, hense hard starting. They must have been reconditioned ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    not when the car is off, which as I read is your problem.

ok, my car doesnt fire instantly either, I turn the key to the on position 3-4 seconds before turning it over and it makes a world of difference on mine.

Hope this helps.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Your fuel pump, Regal, probably works when key is in ignition ON position. My fuel pump only works when cranking. I have 89 525i m20. So there's no difference for me with waiting. Just to mention, that the car will grab or start grabbing instantly and start occasionally. I can't see any pattern though.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    ok, my car doesnt fire instantly either, I turn the key to the on position 3-4 seconds before turning it over and it makes a world of difference on mine.

Hope this helps.

Default Anybody else has instant m20 start?

Lets' take a survey here. Who has an instant start and who has to crank from 2 seconds and longer, especially on m20 engine?

I'd say mine averages less than a second of spinning 'til start. WuhWuhWuhWuhWuhVOOOM! Like that.

My new injectors are in, and i had the long crank problem. I will tell you if they fix it.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Please let me know. I'm getting some new 19lb ford injectors and 535i AFM mode done in the next week or so. I also hope to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    My new injectors are in, and i had the long crank problem. I will tell you if they fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast