GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New motor, day numero TWO

Default New motor, day numero TWO

Head and oil pan off... everything looks great!

BJL4776 said he had detonated on these pistons somewhat....

this is further proof that M50 Non Vanos > World.

jon, im looking at a 1995 318ti sport package (possibly club sport) wotha a bad m42 (or m44). i guess what im wondering, is, is it worth it to get a near mint 318ti with a bad motor for 2k as a project. o know i can get a 50k m44 for about 950ish.but would this be the perfect op for a built m5o/s52?

thanks for any input

Dont bother putting in anoter M4x, if you're going to invest money in it do an M50/M52/S50/S52. If you find a car with a good motor.. and you're happy with it, leave it be.

whats the atv? at first it looked like the engine stand had air tires...lol
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

yeah, but is that a good deal? how much work/money am i looking into it i go for a m50. will it bolt right up to a m4x trans? figure im spending 2k on the car, what will i see coming if it neesds a motor and im upgrading. go ahead and pm me if you want, dont wish to hijack, the motor looks great. is that going in a e30, i replyed about extra e30's on BE. let me know

kyle

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    yeah, but is that a good deal? how much work/money am i looking into it i go for a m50. will it bolt right up to a m4x trans? figure im spending 2k on the car, what will i see coming if it neesds a motor and im upgrading. go ahead and pm me if you want, dont wish to hijack, the motor looks great. is that going in a e30, i replyed about extra e30's on BE. let me know

kyle
    no it's not a good deal. there's really no sense in buying a $2k car to swap a motor into - chances are in that budget hte car is going to need more work than that. To put an M50 driveline in means M50 motor, harness, ecu, trans, custom driveshaft for 318ti i think, i think you need to do a 325/M3 rear end too... so after you spend like $6k on a $2k car, you have a car with good power to weight ratio but poor traction due to hatchback design.

i've seen them bolt a s52 right up to the stock 318 5 speed and it's driveshaft so that's something that dosen't need buying, the diff can take it and if it's a posi unit doesn't need anything, regular e36 m3 diff would fit anyway as the ti runs a e30 trailing arm suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    To put an M50 driveline in means M50 motor, harness, ecu, trans, custom driveshaft for 318ti i think, i think you need to do a 325/M3 rear end too... so after you spend like $6k on a $2k car, you have a car with good power to weight ratio but poor traction due to hatchback design.
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Looks great for a 212k motor with a turbo. Glad everything is working out so far.

Tops of those pistons look great for the mileage. Mine after 300+K had a larger carbon build-up. I'm looking at the same thing in my garage, except its progressing the other way (finally). New crankshaft is in, bores are honed and the oill pan/head will go on tonight.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

screw it i think is the general consenus. heser the pics of the car, it looks pretty good from the outside, guy said it has custom bmw sport seats, black with red inlay in the middel. 126k and a 5 speed manual.

whatever i guess

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast