GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: LF picture of bra.

Default LF picture of bra.

I would like to get some good pictures of a light colored e34 with a hood bra. I have been considering one for awhile, but im not really sure yet.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Oh wait... for the car...

This is what you want: http://www.stickercity.com/store/home.php

Go here for online videos that show you exactly what to do, but don't order from them as their prices are much higher.

http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html

When ordering from stickercity, you can get the 3M Xpel or the VentureShield. The VentureShield is a little thicker but does not have the clearcoat.

Everyone (most) use the 3M because of the clearcoat. The clear coat makes the film easier to maintain and can be waxed like paint. The other stuff has no protective coating. Used more for boats/aircraft and requires more maintenance.

Some shops will say to use Ventureshield. It is not that it is better. It is more that the margins (profits) on ventureshield are better than on 3M. However, 3M has the name and all the dealers and most of the shops use 3M for their reputation.

Also, since the ventureshield is thicker, it can be more difficult to install. The thicker film is generally only used on headlights and mirrors because they are small pieces and are easier to work with.

when you get the 3M product, the mirrors and lights will be a thicker film. About 12mil, where the painted areas are about 8mil.

I helped my friend install the mirrors, hood, fender, bumper, and lights in about two hours.

1/2 hour - remove wax/clean, clean again with alcohol solution
    45min to install lights, mirrors,fenders, and hood
    45 min for front bumper

He bought the film somewhere else before we found stickercity so he paid aout $100 more than he should have

You can buy all the pieces at stickercity for approx. $325, including tax, shipping, and tools needed.

A real bargain. It is much easier to install than any window film since it is so thick. Less chance of wrinkling, etc.

The film shops higher young guys at $10 an hour and they charge you about $150-$200 per hour for the same work.

I recommend if you never done this before, start with the mirrors, really easy, to get used to the film, and then do the hood and fenders.

The bumper requires the most time due to all the curves, etc.

If you mess up, it peels right up and you can try again.

How long does it last? 3M says the life should be at least 7 years if you keep your car clean/waxed. I would guess more like 10-20 years if you garage your car and are in a moderate climate.

One very important point. DO NOT use dishwashing soap as part of your soapy solution. Use BABY SHAMPOO.

Dishwashing soap will yellow once it dries.

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.

Watch the videos and you will see how easy this process really is.

I don't mind paying professionals for good service. However, after watching the video, I could not see paying $800-$1000 for the same job.

Also, the film can be removed without damage. Your paint will not come off. A blow dryer to heat up one corner and the rest peels right up. Wax/polish as normal to remove any residual glue, etc.

If you can change your own oil, you can install this film without question.

If you use Zaino, Klaus, clay bars, or any multi-step, wax/polishing process on your car, you can install this film without question.

I would say the majority of bimmerfest members would do a better job at the installation than a shop since we tend to be very picky.

=============

THIS IS A REPOST FROM HERE: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128370
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Here is mine
    http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19223

I have the lower half never used if your interested $35 shipped

Default not quite the light colored car your lookin for but...

heres mine

One for the patriot!

http://intimo.com/l301009.html#
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

you people actually use these things, my bimmer came with one in the boot from po, i would not use one because
    a) i do not think they are attractive
    b) they can rub the paint off on the corners where the stiching is
    1994 540i Auto

live fast; die sideways
    13.3 @ 104mph (not in the 540)
    15.4 @ 150 Kph in the 540 (24/9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by stx133
    you people actually use these things, my bimmer came with one in the boot from po, i would not use one because
    a) i do not think they are attractive
    b) they can rub the paint off on the corners where the stiching is
    I wouldnt be seen dead with one of those things on my car !

I think they look hilarious ! So Ive got some stonechips.. thats just normal nothing that worries me.

1991 BMW 525i sport manual, BBTB, Mintex Extreme Pads, Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs,Viper2 chip, //M5 Replica.