GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Unloader Relay ????

Default Unloader Relay ????

The Bentley lists 2 "unloader" relays for 535.
    Question what is the purpose of those?

One more stupid question: What is the big advantage using Mustang #19 injectors,instead of proven stock (Part# xxxxx714).#19 means lbs-for what? I know the the FPR is 42.3 psi rated so what is the corolation in this case. Thanks!

Unloader relays cut power to all but necessary electrical items when you are engaging the starter.

I can't give you specifics about injectors (though I'm sure someone will....), but IMHO, you don't need to use anything other than stock injectors unless you have made other engine mods AND you know what you are doing to take advantage of "bigger" injectors. Simply installing "bigger" Injectors is a waste of $$$ because the ECU determines how much fuel is injected into the engine anyway.

Bret.

unloader relay kills power to certain systems while starting to reduce power draw, 19# mustang injectors are cheep and plentiful as that's one of the first upgrades done to a mustang is to swap out the too small factory injectors, they work pretty well on most bmws, m30s love them
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

its almost time for me to replace my injectors, are they really worth upgrading? I plan to rebuild my m50tu within the next 50k-100k miles should I just wait till then or is it something worthwhile to do now?

wait till it's apart and out of service then send your injectors to be cleaned and flow tested, it'll cost less and should net about the same improvment, i think most of the perceived gain with the mustangs is nice fresh injectors with a clean tight pattern, maybe slightly more efficiant with the disc type injectors

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenOne
    its almost time for me to replace my injectors, are they really worth upgrading? I plan to rebuild my m50tu within the next 50k-100k miles should I just wait till then or is it something worthwhile to do now?
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it