GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuse #23

Default Fuse #23

I have a 1990 BMW 525i it runns but drains the battery I have a hot wire and took it to the dealer who said its fuse 23 which according to them is in the dash they did not know where and stated they had to remove the dash to see where the wire is and it could cost up to 3,000. This seems alot so it has sat for a year in the driveway. now it is time to dump or fix. can any one give some light as to what exactly fuse 23 controls in this model?? I can see 2 things 1st is it has no radio the last owner striped it out and the wires are not the culprit per the dealer but they are not taped up, 2nd in the stACK of reciepts i see some about the heater. The car runs fine but the day or so after putting in a new battery it needs a jump.

Quote Originally Posted by sandfra1
    I have a 1990 BMW 525i it runns but drains the battery I have a hot wire and took it to the dealer who said its fuse 23 which according to them is in the dash they did not know where and stated they had to remove the dash to see where the wire is and it could cost up to 3,000. This seems alot so it has sat for a year in the driveway. now it is time to dump or fix. can any one give some light as to what exactly fuse 23 controls in this model?? I can see 2 things 1st is it has no radio the last owner striped it out and the wires are not the culprit per the dealer but they are not taped up, 2nd in the stACK of reciepts i see some about the heater. The car runs fine but the day or so after putting in a new battery it needs a jump.
    http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...=battery+drain

I thought Fuse 23 was the fuel pump... on the 535i anyway...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Qube; 03-07-2006 at 02:55 AM.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by sandfra1
    bentleys mnanual would cost around 60 dollars and decent multimeter 20 dollars US... get those and dive in yourself <- good advice

deleted air conditioning

Default This is weird, and no doubt they are clueless, ...

Fuse F23 is the fuel pump fuse, it is in the front fuse box, and is only energized when the DME asks for it, so hardly can be the culprit unless you have a seized or contacts soldered Fuel Pump relay (in this case, your pump should be about to die on fatigue).

It is easy to hear the pump running (hissing by the right rear wheel) remove the fuse and confirm it is not there anymore. But again, I doubt it is the culprit.

see this thread

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12517

Javier

Default thanks

Well the fuel pump seems fine car runs but still a drain, i am glad i did not let them tear out the dash, will invest in a voltage meter, have the bmw shop repair manual on disk guess i'll do some more searching. Thrying to get it done and repainted before my husband gets back from iraq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier
    Fuse F23 is the fuel pump fuse, it is in the front fuse box, and is only energized when the DME asks for it, so hardly can be the culprit unless you have a seized or contacts soldered Fuel Pump relay (in this case, your pump should be about to die on fatigue).

It is easy to hear the pump running (hissing by the right rear wheel) remove the fuse and confirm it is not there anymore. But again, I doubt it is the culprit.

see this thread

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12517

Javier

Default your right

guess the dealer saw a female and figured i would just pay, will search . done alot of tinkering just not electrical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...=battery+drain

I thought Fuse 23 was the fuel pump... on the 535i anyway...

Default thanks

got the factory bmw dearl repair shop on disk will read some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustam
    bentleys mnanual would cost around 60 dollars and decent multimeter 20 dollars US... get those and dive in yourself <- good advice

Sounds like they heard "blah.....blah....blah....electrical drain.....blah.....fuse"

And said "its in the dash, lots of money, don't feel like hunting down electrical problems"
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Should update your profile (if you want) to add in your location. Maybe someone here is nearby and can help out.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    Should update your profile (if you want) to add in your location. Maybe someone here is nearby and can help out.
    Good idea.
    Just let us know, and probably someone can help you do the checking.
    Might be much faster and better if someone with experience in electrics starts with the testing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast