GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: which color temperature recommend?

Default which color temperature recommend?

I have been thinking and Im going to upgrade to HID

I have a 525 i BMW 2002, which color temperature you recommend? which one you think it would be nice?

I have been thinking in a.. white/blue.. purple color , but I can hear another options.

Thank you.

Anything less than or equal to 6000k but greater than or equal to 4300k.

The higher the temp, the more color...but you loose output. 6000k is blue blue blue...4300k is white (oem color)

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

:: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Default 5000k is the best compromise

from my experience and all of those I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by al51603

I have a 525 i BMW 2002, which color temperature you recommend? which one you think it would be nice?

I have been thinking in a.. white/blue.. purple color , but I can hear another options.

Thank you.

4300k and a projector with lots of color in the cutoff is always the best.

Quote Originally Posted by al51603

Thank you.
    If your interest is to actually SEE, 4200 (what BMW uses) up to 5000K, even 6000 K is too blue, gives you LESS light, and upsets oncoming drivers. 6000K up is nothing but a stupid fad, for the kids driving the "slammers" and trying to look "cool".

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    The higher the temp, the more color...but you loose output. 6000k is blue blue blue...4300k is white (oem color)
    Close, but not quite.

One of the things you need to pay attention to is the CRI value of the lamps your purchasing. 100 is best, but only halogen and daylight achieves this. It's true that the higher the temp the cooler the lamp looks, but what matters most is how the lamp renders color as it's reflected back to you. I suspect that the cheaper lamps have lower CRI numbers which means it does not contain all the colors equally across the spectrum--thus the extreme bluish tint. White is a product of having all the colors in the spectrum bouncing back at you equally no matter what the temperature. A good example would be an overcast day. While I have seen some days that have run up to almost 7000k, the light certainly did not look like what I've seen coming out of the front of a converted ricer.

Also output and color have nothing to do with each other. There are too many variables involved to compare two different lamps based on that alone, but I will admit that it is probably a good rule of thumb for lamps on the market for automotive use.