GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 92 BMW 325i windows n/w

Default 92 BMW 325i windows n/w

Help please???!!! I just bought my first BMW (My last car was a Dodge Intrepid that after owning fo only 2 months found out that the engine would have to be replaced costing approx. $6000 used due to an engine problem in the way the engine was made). Anyway . . . all of the windows stopped working after only having the car for 2 weeks! I have read the manual and checked all the fuses. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!! I feel chlostrophobic without being able to roll down the windows! Also, since this is my first, I have to ask what may be a stupid question . . . is the muffler supposed to be loud? I was told that is just the way the car is supposed to sound for that year. It's a manual transmission so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. I know the motor is going out on the sunroof and I can wait to deal with that, but if anyone can please lend some advise on where to look to fix the window problem, you would really save me!!

Default Its usually cracked solder joints on the comfort relay... You'll have to

take the lower dash panel off to get it out. Its a blue box under the dash by the steering column. Then you carefully pry it open after disconnecting it and removing it from the car. When you get it open it you look closely you'll see a number of cracked solder joints that have to be resoldered. Or you can just buy a new one from bmw or from bma and no the muffler is not supposed to be loud, its either full of holes or some twit put a louder system on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sherrya40
    Help please???!!! I just bought my first BMW (My last car was a Dodge Intrepid that after owning fo only 2 months found out that the engine would have to be replaced costing approx. $6000 used due to an engine problem in the way the engine was made). Anyway . . . all of the windows stopped working after only having the car for 2 weeks! I have read the manual and checked all the fuses. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!! I feel chlostrophobic without being able to roll down the windows! Also, since this is my first, I have to ask what may be a stupid question . . . is the muffler supposed to be loud? I was told that is just the way the car is supposed to sound for that year. It's a manual transmission so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. I know the motor is going out on the sunroof and I can wait to deal with that, but if anyone can please lend some advise on where to look to fix the window problem, you would really save me!!

Quote Originally Posted by sherrya40
    I have read the manual and checked all the fuses. is the muffler supposed to be loud? I was told that is just the way the car is supposed to sound for that year. It's a manual transmission so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.
    Even a bimmer exhaust gets..........exhausted at 14yrs. Mine was original and hadn’t holed thru but was obviously not muffling well anymore. As part of the clutch fix a ‘street tune’ supersprint is going on.
    Go here for a very good comparison test, dyno, subjective ratings and even MP3 sound clips -> http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0301ec_techbmw/

The windows............double check the push/push circuit breaker on the dash between the ignition and HVAC controls. Page 52 of the manual.

”Hang up & Drive!”
    94 BMW 530iT&A 125K, ‘Helga’ (for sale yet? no *grrrrrrr* but getting warmer)
    92 BMW 325i 120K, ‘Rolf’ (clutch in progress, 3 doors that don’t latch *rolleyes* not too swank eh)
    91 Volvo 745T 194K, ‘Thor’ (13 psi *smirk* gulps 93oct, eats batteries, no power steering, daily *ouch*)
    93 Datsun NX2000 165K ‘Carla’ (alive, thumpin MP3s *grin* Hers *sigh* )
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin.
    Kinda makes the ‘Patriot Act’ an oxymoron, eh.......

Default Thank you!

I had already pretty much memorized the manual so I checked the circuit breaker. I'll relay the info to my step-father who is trying to help me. Thanks for all your input!

Default Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    take the lower dash panel off to get it out. Its a blue box under the dash by the steering column. Then you carefully pry it open after disconnecting it and removing it from the car. When you get it open it you look closely you'll see a number of cracked solder joints that have to be resoldered. Or you can just buy a new one from bmw or from bma and no the muffler is not supposed to be loud, its either full of holes or some twit put a louder system on it.
    Thank you very much! Is it hard to take the dash panel off? My step-father is trying to help me. I read somewhere about some relays under the rear seat. I don't know, but hopefully it'll be something simple. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Sherry,

I highly suggest you purchase a Bentley manual for your car. If this is to be for your '92 325i, then here is a link for one, (it was the cheapest I could find)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3...QQcmdZViewItem

This manual will help guide you through most procedures concerning repair. If nothing else, you will learn quite a bit and it will most definately help your step father in making repairs, adjustments and maintenance, if you plan on keeping it for a while.

Good luck with your car! Hope this helps.
    Jr