GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check control

Default Check control

yesterday was the first time I saw this message on the dash. Car wasn't running bad or anything, stopped to get fuel and "Bong" check control. The codes i get are the usual lamda/O2 thing which is normal. Goes on when I shut the car off and is gone when I start it and doesnt come on after that but it did happen 2 times when I shut it off.

Is check control saying to reboot the sucka again or is it a complete different problem?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    yesterday was the first time I saw this message on the dash. Car wasn't running bad or anything, stopped to get fuel and "Bong" check control. The codes i get are the usual lamda/O2 thing which is normal. Goes on when I shut the car off and is gone when I start it and doesnt come on after that but it did happen 2 times when I shut it off.

Is check control saying to reboot the sucka again or is it a complete different problem?
    reboot the sucker....
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

Default Welcome to this infamous bug, I've been dealing with ...

it for several years, about 4 weeks ago I tear apart the CCM, make some connections, clean thoroughly the connector pins and message went away for about 5 days, these late days I came to the conclusion it is the LKM not the CCM. Check Control messages are generated at leas by 3 devices, LKM, CCM and cluster.

I strongly believe now, that LMK is having issues that compromise the data bus between all three and that is the reason of the Check Control alarm (Actually it means CCM can not display some bug). I also believe it has to do with dirty contacts, as plugging-unplugging solve it momentarily (Sorry no stabilant22 by these latitudes).

When I get the courage again, I will tear apart the LKM, reverse engineer the schematics and look after it, as I do also have a Brake circuit alarm that I guess is coming also from LKM.

Best look with yours, hope a quick connect/disconnect of CCM/LKM will fix it.

Javier
    Last edited by Javier; 03-04-2006 at 09:02 AM.

where are these located on my car? CCM/LKM I will clean and apply stabilant 22 and let you know what happens. Also I was running the fog lights and it was rainy out but I shut the fogs off before I shut the car off (I think).

Looking for this in the search there seems to be a hit and mix kind of attitude on the subject.

Be nice to finally identify the problem.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Javier have you ever replaced the brake light switch???It may cause your brake circuit alarm
    Gone but not forgotten

A friend of mine has a '94 E36 that we recently had to replace an exploded water pump, fan, belts, pulleys, and fan clutch. When we were done, I reset the service lights and scanned for codes with the peak tool. There was only one code that came up, I can't remember what it was, but I also remember seeing a "check control" message on the matrix. After the re-set, it went away. Maybe just a glitch, but I would assume it would be triggered by something in the programming, as sometimes cars without Self Leveling also get a warning message. The "check-control" message is something from the E30 days, and not applicable to the E34. So that makes me think it's in the programming and something is crossing connections maybe in the computer causing the display.

Not for sure on this one, just throwing ideas out there for the gray matter to stir.

gray matter sucks, just got home and going to pull, clean and reset the contacts with stabillant 22. Got that message 4 times today.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Default Found it!!!

Here you go Jeff, hope this helps, it's from one of the best.

Author: Brett Anderson on 2006-01-12 at 23:31:40 (posted from: Host: 97.47.144.216.nls.net IP: 216.144.47.97)

Subject: Re: Check Control Message

Message: It means a fault has been deteced in the check control module. This module is located in the front fuse box, it has CCM on it.
    It's the same part for all US E32 and E34, so shouldn't be a hard part to find.

While you are seeing the "Check Control" warning, you may NOT be seeing important info like "Coolant Level" or "Engine Oil Low".

Brett Anderson
    KMS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The M5 (E34 M5) Message Board | Message Posts:
    "Check Control" Message - Joe 2006-01-08 18:42:14 (114 views) (346 thread views)
    Re: Check Control Message - Brett Anderson 2006-01-12 23:31:40 (92 views)
    My experience - - wjosh 2006-01-10 21:46:39 (97 views)
    Re: My experience - - Joe 2006-01-10 22:11:01 (96 views)
    Re: My experience - (url) - KJK 2006-01-12 12:39:27 (84 views)
    Re: My experience - - Joe 2006-01-12 22:20:37 (67 views)
    Re: My experience - - KJK 2006-01-13 12:42:55 (63 views)
    Re: My experience - - KJK 2006-01-11 10:54:27 (81 views)

Post Reply:
    Author:

Email:

Subject:

REMINDER: For Sale ads belong in the Classifieds not on the boards

Message: (insert pic) (insert link) (One-Click Picture Post From Roadfly Web Space) (Feature for Inner Circle members only)

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:
    (Free image hosting for members. Click Here.)
    Optional Email:
    (For display in message body)
    Posting Guidelines
    You agree to our terms of service and privacy policy.
    Commercial posts are strictly prohibited. (Advertising Info)
    For Sale ads belong in the Classifieds not on the boards.
    Group buys are not allowed in the message boards.
    Do not post your eBay auctions on the boards.
    Event notices belong in the Calendar not on the boards. It is ok to make an
    initial event post on up to 2 boards as long as you also put it in the Calendar.
    Repeated event posts will be deleted.
    ANY POST to more than a couple of boards is SPAM, regardless of the content.
    Questions? Read the message boards FAQ. (Message Boards FAQ)

Roadfly Home | Magazine | Featured Channels | Reviews, Buying Guides & Research | Message Forums | Buy & Sell Cars, Trucks & SUVs
    Site Map | Help | Privacy | Terms of Service | About Roadfly | Advertise

Questions, comments, or problems, please email webmaster@roadfly.com

© MMV, Jump Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

well...it does lock the messages when its on but it seems to just go on when I start or shut it off.

cleaned and used stabilant 22, started it 3 times and shut it off with no message. Tomorrow hopefully will tell the tale.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

I have once linked a nice instruction how to resolder the CCM. It is in German, but even if you do not understand German, the pics will do. Very detailed info.
    http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...cm+resoldering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast