GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Can I swap the trim at the top of the door panel

Default Can I swap the trim at the top of the door panel

I just came across some door panels from the parts car that angry, artem, and Jay and working on that I might buy. Only problem is that my car has a tan interior with a dark tan dash and dark tan upper trim. These door panels have the black drim.

Does anyone know if I can use these door panels and swap my upper trim for his? Or is it glued in a way that I would destroy it if I took it apart?
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Default They are glued on....

One of my old door panels had seperated there and I had to glue it back on. You may be able to get them off but I'm guessing one or two out of the 8 you need to work with will get hung up and it will blow the project.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDombrowski
    I just came across some door panels from the parts car that angry, artem, and Jay and working on that I might buy. Only problem is that my car has a tan interior with a dark tan dash and dark tan upper trim. These door panels have the black drim.

Does anyone know if I can use these door panels and swap my upper trim for his? Or is it glued in a way that I would destroy it if I took it apart?

I recently pulled the door panels off my rear doors. The cappping actually came off first without any effort. I successfully glued them back into position easily. The original glue had hardened and was no longer adhesive making the job very easy. You should be able to get them off fairly easily but be aware that the vynil that coats the armrest/door panel etc folds under the top capping and may come away. Good luck
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia