GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey, I'll break the ice then: OT those of you who remember me asking about Eyeglasses

Default Hey, I'll break the ice then: OT those of you who remember me asking about Eyeglasses

from Hong Kong on ebay? Well a quick synopsis is that my wife wanted some Marchon frames here at eyemasters , they are a rimless hingless frame that are 250US here, with the lenses she wanted Progressive, antiglare coated,transitions chromatic lens they came to over 600 US... These guys on ebay have the frames for 39 and you order your lenses from the too if you want... We got here the same setup that she wanted here for 180 on ebay , frames , lenses,transitions,coatings everything.. I was taking a chance on what they would turn out like.. She got them yesterday,14days start to finish just like they stated. They are slightly thicker lens than her old rimless ones about 1 mm thicker but that may be cause her eyes have gotten worse. They fit perfectly, the frames and the exact same frame as far as i can tell. Prescription is right on, edges of the lens are polished, antiglare looks correct,
    All in all for 420 dollars cheaper i'd say these were a very good deal... and now that she's been the guinea pig i'm going to go ahead and order about 3 pairs for me... They turned out to ship from taiwan rather than hong kong but thats also fine with me.

when I ordered a camera from Hong Kong it was delivered within 1 week, faster than normal people ship on Ebay. I imagine that in Hong Kong they are making a lot more money than they would otherwise.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

hey, this is an international forum, and that's cool--but I think the three of us are here in the states. Just my .02, but buying things from Hong Kong directly or otherwise right now is like just giving money to their government to beef up the military and stifle local internet. Seems like a bad choice for supporters of free speech and lovers of the internet.

Default Oh, dear your absolutely right... i'll go out and take a

hammer and smash them up right now... Are you smoking crack these days?
    Your tag of HD handyman implies that you work on computers, does this mean that you don't use any chinese parts in your computers.. Or these pics that you posted of tools earlier.. In case nobody told you Harbor freight is almost 100% chinese made tools.. how do you think that you get a torque wrench for 20 bucks

Or these compressors and air tools that you posted or the floor jack that you have pictured here... Those weren't made in dayton ohio

In fact the only thing that you have in any of your photos here that wasn't made in china is the US made Rhino ramps..

Quote Originally Posted by HDhandyman
    hey, this is an international forum, and that's
    cool--but I think the three of us are here in the states. Just my .02, but buying things from Hong Kong directly or otherwise right now is like just giving money to their government to beef up the military and stifle local internet. Seems like a bad choice for supporters of free speech and lovers of the internet.

Are some of them made in India, I guesstimated it was 90% Chinese, 5% India, & 5% misc

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    In case nobody told you Harbor freight is almost 100% chinese made tools.
    Current
    2008 M5 6 Spd
    2000 Z3 2.8 5 Spd MSport
    2012 X5 35d Sport
    1995 540i 6 Spd
    1992 535i 5 Spd

Former
    1995 530iA
    1986 635CSI 5 Spd
    2011 X3 2.8 MSport

Quote Originally Posted by HDhandyman
    hey, this is an international forum, and that's cool--but I think the three of us are here in the states. Just my .02, but buying things from Hong Kong directly or otherwise right now is like just giving money to their government to beef up the military and stifle local internet. Seems like a bad choice for supporters of free speech and lovers of the internet.

somehow, I doubt that China will invade the USA with the $$ they made from Bill and his wife!

China is not the enemy.
    As Bill said, are you smoking crack? or in this case... opium?
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

The chinaman is not the issue here, dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Default You really are a big lebowski fan...

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerd00d
    The chinaman is not the issue here, dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    of course, that movie is brilliant.
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

Call Brandon the D00d.

I have been contemplating picking up some of those frames too, my supposedly French made Tag Heuer frames have broken twice, and cost $50 each time.

Josh

p.s. To crush globalization you must put certain unpopular limits on capitalism.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast