GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 525 tds fuel economy

Default 525 tds fuel economy

Hi new to this site just wanted some info on the 525TDS touring. Roughly how much should the car do on a full tank? The car runs well no starting problems hot or cold and the performance is good, but the fuel economy seems poor. Is their any where i can get info on the car and is their a manual for it? Any help is much appreciated thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by superkev525
    Hi new to this site just wanted some info on the 525TDS touring. Roughly how much should the car do on a full tank? The car runs well no starting problems hot or cold and the performance is good, but the fuel economy seems poor. Is their any where i can get info on the car and is their a manual for it? Any help is much appreciated thanks.

With my '93/4 525 TDs auto, with standard ECU EEPROMS, and 134K miles, Im getting a little over 100 miles per quarter tank marks on guage, so maybe up to 500 miles to a tank-full--I dont let the tank go below quarter--Its a personal thing! ....

Im currently running 100% BioDiesel fuel, but will go back to veggy oil in the summer...........

Guess you should get around the same--These are not known for their economy!--BUT Oh, what a great diesel engine

in my 525tds manual saloon i get 550 to 600 miles out a tank, thats running to just below quarter, means roughly 40mpg.
    Iain

1993 BMW 525 TDS SE 150K 2.5 Turbo Diesel, performance air filter, lowered sports suspension 30mm, full stainless decat exhaust, boot-lid spoiler, OBC retrofit, E60 Trapezoid alloys

Thanks for the reply guys, do you know if their is a manual for the diesel engined car? my car is a manual and im getting around the 100 mile a quarter mark. So how do you go about the veggie oil ive seen it on top gear and read some stuff on the internet.