GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oxygen sensor, will these alternatives work?

Default oxygen sensor, will these alternatives work?

I emailed Patick (BMA) and he was saying that

OEM for my car part number - 11781720537 - us$102

Ford Sensor - 13942 - usd$41.00 - but Patrick quoted "If you are going to splice the wires, you are better off doing it with a 4 wire sensor then a three"

Bosch 15716 - Ford 4 wire o2 sensor - usd$45 and
    Bosch 15727 - 4 wire universal - usd$55

The last two sensors will fit the bung on the exhaust pipes no worries. I can solder and crimp wires so I don't mind using the old connector. Patrick advised not using a 3 wire sensor like some people have here and here.

My question is, if I buy either the ford or the universal 4-wire bosch sensor (preferably the cheaper ford one) and re-wire them onto the old cable, will they work with no problems?

the 4 wire should work fine, it'd be perfect if it had the same slots in the tip but i don't think it's critical, some of the sensors that are in the crotch where the two pipes come together instead of having the common 4 slots on the sides of the tip, have a hole in the end of the tip and vent holes around the base for better flow through the sensor as it's pointing at the gas flow instead of the gas hitting the side of the sensor tip
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Winfred, mate. thanks. So i'll just get the cheap-ass "Bosch 15716 - Ford 4 wire o2 sensor - usd$45" and rewire, will that work fine?

should do well, i use solderless metal crimp connectors (it's basicly a plastic coated crimp butt connector without the plastic) and seal them with heat shrink tubing, the stainless steel wire doesn't solder well or id suggest that if you knew how to solder
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss
    ...My question is, if I buy either the ford or the universal 4-wire bosch sensor (preferably the cheaper ford one) and re-wire them onto the old cable, will they work with no problems?
    Kris this is what you really want:

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=150
    erased due to slander

Default Kris wants a Chevy?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin in Bellevue

thanks Winfred, that exactly what I will do, use some spade connectors and then heat shrink wrap. Scott, that o2 sensor is exactly what I want, you read my mind but I can't afford us$200 at the moment.

Default One thing to look at Kriss, on the 535 thats a pretty long loom going from

the o2 sensor to the connector up by the starter. O2 sensors operate in the millivolts range. Any corrosion or resistance in the wire harness itself will change the readings that the dme gets. Frequently the connector itself has corrosion at the contacts. You can buy a new one with the complete harness not a universal for 79 from oxygensensors.com at this link
    That way you're getting all new wire and new connectors, ie low resistance.
    I haven't had any problems with any of the Walker o2 sensors that i've installed.

I emailed Patick (BMA) and he was saying that

OEM for my car part number - 11781720537 - us$102

Ford Sensor - 13942 - usd$41.00 - but Patrick quoted "If you are going to splice the wires, you are better off doing it with a 4 wire sensor then a three"

Bosch 15716 - Ford 4 wire o2 sensor - usd$45 and
    Bosch 15727 - 4 wire universal - usd$55

The last two sensors will fit the bung on the exhaust pipes no worries. I can solder and crimp wires so I don't mind using the old connector. Patrick advised not using a 3 wire sensor like some people have here and here.

My question is, if I buy either the ford or the universal 4-wire bosch sensor (preferably the cheaper ford one) and re-wire them onto the old cable, will they work with no problems?

thanks very much for the link Bill. I appreciate your comments, although I don't think I'll go this route because a lot of companies in the USA charge a lot in shipping costs for small, light items to Australia. I could give them a email for a quote of shipping and such, then I have to muck around with credit card details. It seems easier if I just get everything from BMA. I assume all the o2 sensors (from oxygensensors.com) are complete kits, I don't know. So maybe I will email BMA and ask them to pricematch on the Universal Bosch or Walker unit? What do you think?

Default I'm not sure what you mean by complete kits. But no a

universal is not a complete kit, the universal consists of a sensor with some short leads and some solderless connectors to splice it with. All other o2 sensors mentioned are with the complete harness and connector.

thanks very much for the link Bill. I appreciate your comments, although I don't think I'll go this route because a lot of companies in the USA charge a lot in shipping costs for small, light items to Australia. I could give them a email for a quote of shipping and such, then I have to muck around with credit card details. It seems easier if I just get everything from BMA. I assume all the o2 sensors (from oxygensensors.com) are complete kits, I don't know. So maybe I will email BMA and ask them to pricematch on the Universal Bosch or Walker unit? What do you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast