GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Cd changer and oil leak question:

Default Cd changer and oil leak question:

Kind of a weird combination of problems but here goes...

1. I finally bought a CD changer for the e34. It arrived today and (every time I buy something for the car a problem ensues lol) it doesn't work properly. I loooked at other changers and it appears that I'm missing the plastic inserts that hold the Cd's. The changer powers up find but reads disc error. I'm guessing the guy from the ebay auction forgot to include these. How much are they from the stealership?? Those are all the necessary brackets correct?

2. Since I have changed my oil, (from regular (I think) to synthetic) I am getting about 2 drops of oil a night under the car. I'm guessing I blew some kind of seal with the change. The oil is leaking from the engine bay, not the pan or anything (I replaced the pan gasket in May.) The oil filter cap is tight, so I know that's not the problem. Here are a few pic's to diagnose the situation. -Sigh- Any comments or info. are greatly appreciated.

Oil depsosits on inside of engine (driver side)

The magazine is what you're holding in your hand, the magazine has 6 individual CD holders that rotate out from the magazine using the little black plastic tit that sticks out from each individual holder. Load the CD's in the holder UPSIDEDOWN...that's right, label down. Then load the magazine into the changer. It should cycle through each CD and then it's ready to play.

Your oil leak looks like a brake fluid leak, check the grommets underneath your brake fluid reservoir for leakage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    The magazine is what you're holding in your hand, the magazine has 6 individual CD holders that rotate out from the magazine using the little black plastic tit that sticks out from each individual holder. Load the CD's in the holder UPSIDEDOWN...that's right, label down. Then load the magazine into the changer. It should cycle through each CD and then it's ready to play.

Your oil leak looks like a brake fluid leak, check the grommets underneath your brake fluid reservoir for leakage.
    Yep that's what I thought, I'm missing 6 of the individual inserts that hold the cd. Those are all of the necessary brackets though, right? Can I just install it with some screws form the local hardware store? Off to the stealer I go. You think I should leave him neutral or negative feedback? It took 3 weeks to ship to me from Washington. I've gotten stuff from England and Germany quicker. He wasn't too good at responding to e-mails and now he didn't include all the necessary parts.

I don't think it's the brake fluid because it happened directly after I changed the oil, and the fluid is light brown, not the reddish brake fluid color. I heard about some product that is especially made to cure the problem from reg. oil to synthetic. It's called auto-rx. The site (The Oil Guy or something like that) has nothing bust good reviews on the product and the symptoms described is the exact problem I seem to be having. Thanks for your comments!!