GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My e34 rocks in the rain

Default My e34 rocks in the rain

Here in San Diego we only get 9 inches of precipitation per year on average and this year it has been less than 2. I drove my car in the rain for the first time today and it holds the road better than any car I have ever owned (it is about my 7th or 8th vehicle).

You are probably thinking "so what". Because it never rains here, the roads get covered with oil and what little rain we get loosens the oil and makes the roads like a skating rink. Plus everyone forgets how to drive in rain, so there are always massive accidents.

I am so stoked about this car!!!!
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

You guys and your SoCal weather. I didn't believe that it never rained until I was out there. What tires are you running? They probly have a little bit to do with it. Well, that and the suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

LOL... I wish for rain...
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

I just bought my 535 a couple of weeks ago, and I too have been driving around in the Southern California rain and would have to agree. It feels so solid and predictable, even on the Sonar tires the PO put on it and with my (surprinsingly close) "eyeball alignment" from last night after doing a front end rebuild all weekend. Much more confident than the E30 that I was driving...

I experience the same thing (of course im in the NW where if its not raining its strange), even when im heavy on the pedal form a stop, its predicatble and solid.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

e34 with poor tires blows in the rain
    same as any car...

the chassis is fairly balanced tho and holds slides well with what power it has =\

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    You guys and your SoCal weather. I didn't believe that it never rained until I was out there. What tires are you running? They probly have a little bit to do with it. Well, that and the suspension.

Potenza tires. I think it also is partly the weight of the car and the suspension. It all works together.

Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Here in San Diego we only get 9 inches of precipitation per year on average and this year it has been less than 2
    And I've been complaining about not getting our average 30 inches due to drought !

Obviously not many farms with pastures in your area.

I know what you mean about slippery roads when it hasn't rained for ages though, we have that problem here also.

"I'm not the village idiot.
    But when he retires I'm next on the list."

Quote Originally Posted by bahnstormer
    e34 with poor tires blows in the rain
    same as any car...

the chassis is fairly balanced tho and holds slides well with what power it has =\
    You should be able to slide to your hearts content with a 5 speed, especially in the rain!!!
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle
    Here in San Diego we only get 9 inches of precipitation per year on average and this year it has been less than 2.
    LOL I'm not gunna go near this one!
    E30 318iS & BMW K1200LT

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast