GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help: e34 Lowering Springs and Struts??

Default Help: e34 V8 Lowering Springs and Struts??

Hey guys, I need to find some lowering springs and struts quick for my 94 530 as quick as possible. I was going to get Vogtlands, but I heard that they aren't good to use on the V8's. Is this true?? What kind of springs/struts do you guys have on you e34 V8's?? Where did you get them and how much did you pay?? Also post how the ride is with each combination. Some of the roads in NJ are pretty bad, that's why Ineed to know. Any help is greatly appreciated because I need this pretty quickly. I did a search, but mostly everything is for the 6 cylinder models.
    Last edited by E34 530; 02-27-2006 at 03:12 PM.

If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

if I had a chance I would like to try the //M springs, they sit higher and would probably be a better choice for the V8.

I have Eibach springs and Bilsteins, ride is firn and will bottom on potholes...not to bad all around though.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by dacoyote
    I've looked at that site about 1,000 times, but all the kits seem to be for the 6 cylinder models. I just want to hear some actual testimony from V8 owners. I really want to get Vogtlands, but I heard they aren't too good for the V8.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    if I had a chance I would like to try the //M springs, they sit higher and would probably be a better choice for the V8.

I have Eibach springs and Bilsteins, ride is firn and will bottom on potholes...not to bad all around though.
    Thanks Regal, I was looking for your input the most. I generally know what "bottoming out" is, but you explain what it exactly means. Isn't there different versions of the Bilstein's such as the sports?? Do you have the sports and the Eichbach prokit??
    Last edited by E34 530; 02-27-2006 at 03:29 PM.

I got them from BMA, when I called and talked to Patrick the H&Rs were on backorder. Previous to them I tried the Bavauto springs and the front would CONSTANTLY bottom in the front, they would probably be okay in a 6 cyl car but I read they bottom a lot there too.

I looked but couldnt find any different spring numbers for the V8 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by E34 530
    Thanks Regal, I was looking for your input the most. I generally know what "bottoming out" is, but you explain what it exactly means. Isn't there differnt versions of the Eibach's such as the Prokit and the sports?? Are yours the ones from the BMW4Life website??
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I got them from BMA, when I called and talked to Patrick the H&Rs were on backorder. Previous to them I tried the Bavauto springs and the front would CONSTANTLY bottom in the front, they would probably be okay in a 6 cyl car but I read they bottom a lot there too.

I looked but couldnt find any different spring numbers for the V8 cars.
    Thanks, I don't think I would ever get the Bavauto springs because of all the complaints and I just generally hate Bavarian Autosport. I'm thinking of Bilstein sports and the Eibach Prokit. What do you think??

there was a set of //M springs on ebay last week, dont know if their still out there or not. I wanted to get em but lost track.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

there was a set of //M springs on ebay last week, dont know if their still out there or not. I wanted to get em but lost track.
    Do the //M springs lower the car as much as other lowering springs?

no they dont but remember the V8 will drop the front more than the//M, I think they would be a great choice personally.

look at peoples //M cars in their signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by E34 530
    Do the //M springs lower the car as much as other lowering springs?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast