GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: '95 540i alarm permanently activated

Default '95 540i alarm permanently activated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought a new oxford green 95 540i and its perfect in every way shape and form. Except i have already managed to mess something up. it of course comes with remote keyless entry that arms the cars alarm. Recently i had to change the battery in the keyfob which in itself is not a big deal at all. the owners manual explains how to reprogram the keyfob to the cars systems alarm in the event the battery needs to be changed. again not really a big deal either. I have actually done this before and it is very easy. as i'm sure you are all aware you basically sit in the car, put the key in the ignition turn the ignition to position 2, take it out, push a few buttons on the keyfob and the cars alarm will simultaneoulsy lock and unlock signifying that the cars alarm system and your keyfob have been synced together and is ready for use. I did this yet somehow i managed to attempt it while the alarm was already activated. re-trying to reprogram the key only erased the previous setting on the key which was required to de-activate the alarm. and now the car wouldn't attempt to even let me put the key in the ignition without activating the alarm. It was kind of a catch 22, i needed to reprogram the keyfob in order to de-activate the alarm and i needed the keyfob reprogramed in order to de-activate the alarm. the only way i'm able to drive the car (because with the alarm activated the ignition system is of course disabled) is i had to find the alarm relay system, which is located under the rear seat tucked between the group of relays that is already there, and the sheetmetal that supports the rear seat. (I am told this alarm unit is called the DWA module) obviously BMW found a location to put the alarm relay that would next to impossible to get to in a hurry, clever guys. but anyway i had to pull the fuse in the alarm relay in order to drive the car. Yet as soon as i put the fuse back in the alarm relay the alarm is turned on and the car begins to wail its siren and flash its lights. as well my OBC display next to the radio that displays the time, mpg, trip distance, temp, etc... is also out, obviously the alarm relay box and the OBC are interconnected. also the remote display on the check control system that displays the OBC info is no longer functioning. i appreciate anyone reading into my many-worded problem and thank you in advance for any insight into this issue.

this is so hard to read... I give up.

I'll guess at throwing answers. reboot the computer and dont use the remote entry till you figure it out.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I had this problem about 3 months ago. People here told me to reset the computer, put the fuse back in, then do the keyfob procedure.

now by rebooting the computer, you mean... disconnecting the battery cable for a long time? because as soon as i put the fuse back in the DWA module the alarm will immediatetly come back on. - i appreciate any help dragon
    Last edited by 1995540; 02-28-2006 at 03:23 AM.

sorry my problem is more than a sentence long. what exactly does rebooting the computer mean to you, i have the FCX II diagnosis tool, or do you want me to disconnect the battery for a period of time. as soon as i put the fuse back into the DWA alarm module the alarm will come back on and become activated.