GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Vibration

Default Vibration

My E-34 has a vibration on acceleration also when listening to the engine it doesnt sound smooth not like a hum sound also in my opinion i'm not loosing any power. When I have my head under the hood and bring the engine to a higher idle and maintain that idle it has this vibration or wable (depending on the words you use) this e-34 has 100k miles on it and I purchased it used and havent done anything to it yet. Two things (1) I get no error code, (2) when at idle engine runs smooth. THANKS for helping.

year/model??????????????
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    year/model??????????????
    93 525I

look in your maintenance records and check when the last time the cap/coil/wires and plugs were change. Also check all the other scheduled maintenance items and bring the car up to date. Nothing like starting fresh.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    look in your maintenance records and check when the last time the cap/coil/wires and plugs were change. Also check all the other scheduled maintenance items and bring the car up to date. Nothing like starting fresh.
    Your right. I dont see anything as far recent maint. in all the paper work but what I did find in carfax was sparkplugs replaced about 5000 miles ago but by the looks of it not by bmw dealer.

Default take off your belts and inspect them....

....easy to do, literally take them off and look them over, had an annoying sound for long time gradually getting worse, a vibration you could feel even... turned out about 1/2 inch section missing from inside of a belt.... despite the belts were only 2 years and about 15K miles old.... and were new continentals.... easy to check. good luck. Rob.
    1993 / 525ia / M50TU / EAT / Sachs / Infiniti Kappa & Basslink / super clean / Style 5s wearing Pilots / Mobil 1 everywhere / long road ahead