GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Fluctuating Idle 1994 BMW 530I E34

Green Bimmer Guest

Default Fluctuating Idle 1994 BMW 530I E34

My 1994 530i RPM is fluctuating from about 5000-10000 RPM. Sometimes it even drops below 5000 RPM and then shuts off. I also noticed that my transmission has been hesitating since the RPM's fluctuate, also my headlights goes from bright to dim when the engine idle is fluctuating, also the engine check light comes on during low idle but goes off after I increase the RPM's. This begin about a week ago while I was at the car wash as I was pulling away from the car wash I gunned it to go to another area at the carwash to dry my car, just as I was exceleratoring the car shut off, this is when the problem begin for me and my Bimmer . I didn't notice any water getting to the engine. I did the stomp test and all I get back is the Engine check light flashes over and over. I am not getting a code. I just replace the idle control valve and still having the same problem.

1. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Joe in Orlando
    jo608@adelphia.net

check the voltage of the alternator.... reboot the computer...

I can also only assume that it going between 500 - 1000 not 5000 to 10000?
    If it cannot be fixed by the dremel or ducktape.. get out the sledge...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I miss my e34

if it's revving at 10,000rpm... you have bigger problems than you think!!! lol!

Joe posted this at bimmerfest the other day, I suggested he come here for some real help!

Have at it boys!
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bimmer
    My 1994 530i RPM is fluctuating from about 5000-10000 RPM. Sometimes it even drops below 5000 RPM and then shuts off. I also noticed that my transmission has been hesitating since the RPM's fluctuate, also my headlights goes from bright to dim when the engine idle is fluctuating, also the engine check light comes on during low idle but goes off after I increase the RPM's. This begin about a week ago while I was at the car wash as I was pulling away from the car wash I gunned it to go to another area at the carwash to dry my car, just as I was exceleratoring the car shut off, this is when the problem begin for me and my Bimmer . I didn't notice any water getting to the engine. I did the stomp test and all I get back is the Engine check light flashes over and over. I am not getting a code. I just replace the idle control valve and still having the same problem.

1. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Joe in Orlando
    jo608@adelphia.net

the check engine light flashing over and over is the way to read the codes, flash (pause) flash flash flash flash (pause) flash flash flash flash (pause) flash flash flash flash (2.5 second pause and then nothing) is 1-4-4-4 or no faults. check out bruno's website for the listing of codes: codes

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.