GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: What do you pay for an Inspection II?

Default What do you pay for an Inspection II?

Hey all, just wondering what the pricing is for an inspection II where you are?

My Indy just quoted me $400...

Zero, did it myself and replaced the bad stuff, replaced the brake fluid and antifreeze. cost about 200 bux including the belts, fluids, hoses, water pump and thermostat etc.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    Zero, did it myself and replaced the bad stuff, replaced the brake fluid and antifreeze. cost about 200 bux including the belts, fluids, hoses, water pump and thermostat etc.

so, about 200 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Ok, then let me make sure Ive got the terminology right... Inspection II is the small one and Inspection I is the big one? or do I have them reversed?

I've also been wondering about inspections lately, so I'll hijack this thread for a moment... Is there a way to know when my car has had its last inspection done? There is no "square" at the bottom of the OBC and the service records don't mention it.

edit: You have them reversed. http://www.bimmerzone.com/inspection.htm

Ahh, good, then Im just up for an inspection I... had the insp II in November.

since your playing around inspect it all and figure the things you have to do, i replaced everything.

Seems the newbes that recently invaded the board use simple green as antifreeze and replace **** as it breaks, this is no BMW. No wonder resale is nothing...mine will still go for 10k if and when I choose.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Want to see the list of things done to the car (non upgrades) since purchased Nov 1st?....

This is my second BMW and I learned on my E36 that nothing beats keeping up with maintainence. After 4mo's with the car the only thing Ive seen as a possible problem was the fact that Im eating a bit of oil.

While Im a relative newb when it comes to turning my own wrenches, the indy Ive been working with for 5 years has proven to me time and time again that he is reliable and looks into the small details that I might miss.

I do hope that as time goes on I will learn to do more on this car myself. But right now, the inspections are left to my mechanic.

In two weeks Ill be installing Koni's/Vogtlands and an OEM E30 M SSK. That will be my first test, but were getting a bunch of bimmers together in MAR to knock out a bunch of installs in a day.

(Edit: my last bimmer sold for $1500 over KBB excellent and just below dealer retail)

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    since your playing around inspect it all and figure the things you have to do, i replaced everything.

Seems the newbes that recently invaded the board use simple green as antifreeze and replace **** as it breaks, this is no BMW. No wonder resale is nothing...mine will still go for 10k if and when I choose.
    I'm not quite using simple green as anti-freeze, but it is about the same color. I have had the car less than a year. My plan is to fix everything I can find wrong and then when the service interval light comes on, I will follow those guidelines. If I just had previously replaced the item, then I'll skip it. I will be doing oil changes a bit more reguarly than when the oil service light comes on, otherwise I'll stick to the service intervals.
    91 535iA M30 Auto
    Born in 3/91 (The Bimmer, not me )

120,000 Miles
    Pics soon--she is a work in progress

$400 sounds pretty reasonable.

Make sure all fluids (except power steering) and filters (micro, fuel, air) get replaced, wiper blade inserts, seals and hinges lubed, bulb check (if you still have marker lights -- amazing how many times those bulbs get overlooked because they're not covered by the check control). And it's always good to check that quality parts and fluids are used, especially in the diff and trans.

Beyond that, it's a systems check, and if your guy is any good, he'll find what needs to be found and not take advantage of you on what doesn't need to be found.

Good job for thinking to do an inspection II -- most owners decide the car's not worth maintenance after 99k.

best, whit