Hey all. Ive got a supercharged 540 6 speed and its been doing some funny things that I would like to get some opinions on before I dive in and try to fix it. With the horsepower this car makes I ve always been a little concerned with how the clutch will hold up. The other thing is I dont really know whats in it. It had the akisil motor swap done in 2000 and I know it has a different fly wheel but I am unsure on the clutch......last ower not the best on documentaions of trans. Here is what the car is doing. When I start off from a dead stop it shakes a little as you are releasing the clutch. It just started doing this. Clutch pedal has to be pretty far out (farther than I think is normal) before it starts to catch and like I said it shakes a little as you are pulling off. Once your moving car drives just fine......no slipping. I can let out in first slow and then hammer it and it will pull like a monster. Ive got a bently at home I guess Ineed to dig through it but just wanted to get input from the board. Could it be a master cylinder?
-Drew