GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: oil canister check valve spring repair

Default oil canister check valve spring repair

My '90 535ia has the common low oil pressure light syndrome, so today I'm gonna inspect the pressure sensor and oil canister anti-drain check valve.

Within the past couple of months somebody posted some excellent pictures and procedure for repairing the spring that controls the oil anti-drain check valve. I've searched the archives, to must be using the wrong key words, so cannot find the post.

The procedure involved the anti-drain spring that keeps the oil from draining from the oil filter.

Can someone please direct me to that excellent post and pictures of this procedure?

Default Your probably thinking of Bruno's page as seen

Here

Quote Originally Posted by Dash01
    My '90 535ia has the common low oil pressure light syndrome, so today I'm gonna inspect the pressure sensor and oil canister anti-drain check valve.

Within the past couple of months somebody posted some excellent pictures and procedure for repairing the spring that controls the oil anti-drain check valve. I've searched the archives, to must be using the wrong key words, so cannot find the post.

The procedure involved the anti-drain spring that keeps the oil from draining from the oil filter.

Can someone please direct me to that excellent post and pictures of this procedure?

Thanks, Bill, but it was another posting. It had pics of the internal spring and retaining tabs, which must be bent to extract the spring.

As I recall, the gist of the posting was that the spring loses umph over time, allowing the oil filter to drain back into the crank case. This was on Rennlist perhaps a couple of months ago.

Anybody?

Default Found it

The excellent article on oil drainback valve is on Shogun's E32 fixes, which is well worth reading for anybody who has low oil pressure indication.

link it!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy