GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

View Poll Results: Does Aubrey deserve the 318iS for his 16th birthday?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's time to launch another Bimmernut

33 54.10%
  • No, it's too much for a 16 year old

16 26.23%
  • Wait for later.....

12 19.67%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cast your vote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cast your vote

Aubrey turns 16 tomorrow. So what say ye? Does he get the 1991 318iS with 76k miles for his birthday? Let the board decide...

If you think he's responsible enough then make him the happiest son ever! Make sure he understands he has a gem in his possession... this isn't just another car...

As long as you don't mind him drivin around with a car full of chicks

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

Default Of course he does!!!

What a great car to learn so many things on. He can learn to drive, and learn to wrench! Of course it doesn't help when there's almost no work to do on the thing!!!

Good driver's car, good safe car, good for Aubrey!

Quote Originally Posted by Jr ///M5
    Aubrey turns 16 tomorrow. So what say ye? Does he get the 1991 318iS with 76k miles for his birthday? Let the board decide...

Default Interesting that so many of you think he will wreck the car!!!

I started driving in 1993 with a 1989 Jimmy. It was a nice car at the time, and I never wrecked it. I respected my dad for letting me use it so freely and having confidence that I would do the right things (despite coming home at 3am from my girlfriend's house consistently). I have a different take on the situation, and knowing Aubrey and the England family a little bit helps me in my decision. I have confidence that he would respect what he is given and it can be a good learning experience.

The only downside is that it sets the bar high going forward in life to always have a nice car.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    What a great car to learn so many things on. He can learn to drive, and learn to wrench! Of course it doesn't help when there's almost no work to do on the thing!!!

Good driver's car, good safe car, good for Aubrey!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    I started driving in 1993 with a 1989 Jimmy. It was a nice car at the time, and I never wrecked it. I respected my dad for letting me use it so freely and having confidence that I would do the right things (despite coming home at 3am from my girlfriend's house consistently). I have a different take on the situation, and knowing Aubrey and the England family a little bit helps me in my decision. I have confidence that he would respect what he is given and it can be a good learning experience.

The only downside is that it sets the bar high going forward in life to always have a nice car.

I get the feeling that Aubrey will be a responsible driver. I voted not yet, not because I feel HE will wreck it. It's the other douchebags that are too busy putting on make up and thumbing their asses while driving that I worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    I get the feeling that Aubrey will be a responsible driver. I voted not yet, not because I feel HE will wreck it. It's the other douchebags that are too busy putting on make up and thumbing their asses while driving that I worry about.
    I see what you mean. One can be a technically perfect driver and still get hit by another driver. It takes entirely another level of driving skill to practice defensive driving and always being ready for the other guy to do something stupid. It take awhile to learn proper defensive driving, some of it is instinctive, but much of it come from experience. I know that i am not at the level of driving skill that i will be at 1, 2 or three years from now, so i adjust my attention and focus as well as caution accordingly. Also, even if the new driver does everything he/she is supposed to, it is very easy to make one stupid mistake that will ruin your car.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

no, i mean i voted yes, but i dident see the pic, its to awsome, sell it so me

If he seems to be a good, safe driver then its a good idea. Someone at my school totalled at least one e30 318is.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

honestly i bet youv made you mind and are giving him the thing, but from experiance, no need to give him that car, give him a bimmer, yes, but not somthing so nice, he will ruin it and run it into the ground the way i did with my e30

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast