GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Removing A/C

Default Removing A/C

By the looks of it, the A/C system in my vehicle is original and has had it. Bought the car in August and it didnt blow cold then, and it's not going to blow cold this Summer. When I think about it, I don't want to spend the time nor the money to upgrade it, so I want to remove the all the weight.

By having the electrical connectors to the compressor in an "open" state, is there any way to bypass them so that there arent any faults?
    Support your American Flag Merchant Marine
    No BMW at this time, eyeing a 91 318iS. 00 Saab 9-5, 89 Bronco XLT, 05 Kawi Z1k, 00 Ducati 748S Bip

it won't hurt anything to just have the wire to the compresser tied back out of trouble, that car is not that smart. do plug the lines well so if you want to get the system working again it won't be totally filled wth **** and rotten
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

does it leak? is it low? did you seriously try to see what the problem even was? when I bought mine it was 90+ degrees and that was a high negotiating point to lower the price. My son figured the thing out on out way home, the temp deal couldnt be all the way to the left...he amazes me.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

It leaks, it smells, it costs money to upgrade to R134a, I just dont want it. So if holding the harness connection back out of the way and sealing it is all I need to do, couldn't be easier. I don't plan on selling this car any time soon and if I did I couldnt get much for it anyhow. The best used car is the one you own.

Besides, Im one of those stingy bastards who will sweat his nuts off so that I don't have to consume more fuel to keep cool
    Support your American Flag Merchant Marine
    No BMW at this time, eyeing a 91 318iS. 00 Saab 9-5, 89 Bronco XLT, 05 Kawi Z1k, 00 Ducati 748S Bip